Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

And the winner is --------------------

After much deliberation, gnashing of teeth, anguishing, fretting and worrying, HWSNBN has come to a decision. The decision is entirely his, (in other words, you bums can't blame me!) and he must take full responsibility for it.

At this point, I wanted to insert an audio clip of a fanfare of trumpets, but I'll have to leave that to your vivid imaginations ('cos that technology is beyond me)

Anyhow THE WINNER IS ALEC WITH HIS PT 109

It's not even a danged submarine - good grief!

So the rest of you miserable failures as model makers can now creep into a corner and sob, sucking your thumbs! You lost! Ha! Ha! Ha!

HWSNBN will be announcing the prize shortly. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a winner.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Congratulations Alec, you built an incredible boat. You have great skillsl sir!
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• MFR1964
      Detail Nut of the First Order
      • Sep 2010

Well done Alec!!!!!,
      Congratulations with your victory as a winner, you deserve it man!!!!!

Manfred.
      I went underground

Comment

• Anuci
        Banned
        • Aug 2008

Congrats! Alec.
        Modeling, mixed together with a full time job, can certainly present time constraint issues no doubt, you however had demonstrated your ability to progress quite nicely throughout your PT 109 build which in itself is no easy task, and says something of the modelers enthusiasm to finish the task at hand. All to often you will find life simply gets in the way, and many projects are left to languish on a shelf or storage bin never to see the light of day. Enjoy your Pt 109. I'm sure the competition prize will be just as rewarding, particularly if Mike doesn't have anything to do with that. Lol No just kidding, he is very generous, you should have seen what I recently received on a purchase of used parts from Dave Merriman's Garage sale.

Al,
        Last edited by Anuci; 02-08-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• vital.spark
          Commander
          • May 2010

Alec,

Congratulations a job well done!!

My plastic model shop here in Hong Kong has the same kit in stock. It is probably a good time to go out and buy it!

Myron

Comment

• alad61
            Commander
            • Jan 2012

STRUTH!!! Now that was a shock. I have been slogging away at my new gato and just came to post an update and the first post I see is above...

Thanks a lot Mike and HWSNBN. To be hones the last time I looked the poll had Tom looked to be ahead by miles.

Thanks for the congrats as well guys. It is a fine looking boat though aint it... :)
            Cheers,
            Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
            But to dream is a reality

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Just had words with Mr. Merriman, who continued to lambast my lovely dog, and he's quite adamant about his decision, regardless of public opinion and the poll.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	89909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2230.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	89908
              Barkley can drive too! Here he is parking the car for me, here he's helping clean out my pockets of junk!

Now, as for prizes. Alec will get a D&D 212 Kit and Sub-driver and a 6 ch radio.
              2nd prize is an 8ch Wfly radio - and that is my decision, and it goes to that ol' fish TROUT!

Ha! Ha!
              Last edited by Kazzer; 02-09-2014, 12:29 PM.
              Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• alad61
                Commander
                • Jan 2012

You can't go past a good dog I say. No matter how crappy your day and you get home in a mood they get excited to see you but you just pat them and ignore there protestations to play he'll still sit beside you regardless.
                Cheers,
                Alec.

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

Wow, Thank you Mike! I will put the radio to good use!
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• alad61
                    Commander
                    • Jan 2012

The couriers across the world work as one as I received my 212 and SD Friday arvo Australia time. I had been wanting a model of a 212 for some time now but others just seemed to precede it, but now I finally I have a model of a 212. However it came with a challenge by HWSNBN... To finish it complete in two weeks!! Ahh but I do like a challenge. So I accept the challenge Mr Merriman. That from when I start it it will be completed in 14 days. Butbe cautioned that it will be some time till it gets to the start gate as I have an actual paid commission job! My first paid commission I might add. He had seen some of my stuff and asked me how much to assemble and paint a 1/48 Lockheed PV-1 Ventura. So not really thinking I threw a figure of $120 at him as long as he supplied the kit, paints and any after market stuff he wanted. To be honest I thought he'd tell me to bugger off but he accepted the quote...
                    Cheers,
                    Alec.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      • Aug 2008

Alec,

More like $700.00 when the smoke clears. Count your hours, and work at $35.00 an hour. Anything less and you might as well be a Greeter at Wal-Mart.

See if I'm not closer to the jobs value than you. Live and learn.

I won't hold you to that two-week challenge. I was being a smart-ass. Look what Manfred was (is, he's still not finished) done with his -- watching you, Tom, Manfred and the other Bums here work up our product is a pure joy for Mike and me.

M
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

Alec,
                        Again congratulations!
                        Peace,
                        Tom

Comment

• alad61
                          Commander
                          • Jan 2012

Thanks again Tom and congrats on your win as well.

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          Alec,

More like $700.00 when the smoke clears. Count your hours, and work at $35.00 an hour. Anything less and you might as well be a Greeter at Wal-Mart.

See if I'm not closer to the jobs value than you. Live and learn.

I won't hold you to that two-week challenge. I was being a smart-ass. Look what Manfred was (is, he's still not finished) done with his -- watching you, Tom, Manfred and the other Bums here work up our product is a pure joy for Mike and me.

M
                          I'll bow to you on the dollars looks like I will be a door greeter then. This bloke has a stack of kits for his personal Australian military museum so there could be more but next time I'll up the quote.

Fair enough on the challenge but I will still give it a decent crack. However let it be known that I had no intention of do and Manfredising to the sub. As this is only my second grp hulled sub i reckon that's enough of a challenge in itself...
                          Cheers,
                          Alec.

Comment

Working...