Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinksalot
    Commander
    • Mar 2020

Yea I got the same files. I first need to look at the files and see if I have to merge some parts and make sure there are holes and mounts for dive planes and rudder and shaft hole. I will be printing it with my Elegoo Jupiter resin printer as soon as I am done with my XXI print. Oh yea and make WTC brackets for it. I will be using Elegoo ABS like resin. I would like to use even stronger resin, but I buy when is on sale for $25 for 1000ml. Other stronger resins are $65 to $90 a for 1000ml. So for the cost ABS like is good for me.
    Last edited by Sinksalot; 10-28-2022, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• SubICman
      Lieutenant
      • Jun 2022

The ABS-like is a decent resin. The parts have some flexibility to them, but not a lot. All of my detail parts are the Elegoo ABS-like. I use the water washable stuff for larger things because IPA is expensive and hard to find the 90% stuff atm. Filling a bucket with IPA to wash the larger parts is not something I was willing to entertain. Using a small ultra-sonic cleaner with it for the smaller parts was more economical.

Comment

• SubICman
        Lieutenant
        • Jun 2022

Current state of work on the Nautilus. Window frames and aft fins are printing now. Took the aft keel and the mid rakers off the build plate and post processed them this AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221028_110514.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	166085Click image for larger version

Name:	20221028_110505.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	166084

Comment

• SubICman
          Lieutenant
          • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Sinksalot
          Yea I got the same files. I first need to look at the files and see if I have to merge some parts and make sure there are holes and mounts for dive planes and rudder and shaft hole. I will be printing it with my Elegoo Jupiter resin printer as soon as I am done with my XXI print. Oh yea and make WTC brackets for it. I will be using Elegoo ABS like resin. I would like to use even stronger resin, but I buy when is on sale for $25 for 1000ml. Other stronger resins are $65 to $90 a for 1000ml. So for the cost ABS like is good for me.
          There is a prop-shaft hole, the dive planes not so much, but it can be remedied with a drill bit in a few minutes. Stiffeners and saddles will need to be generated for the boat. A few of the files do have errors, but Lychee Slicer has fixed most of them, and there are a handful of those that are labeled by lychee as non-manifold and not 100% fixable. I have had success printing them. I believe that Lychee sees some faces that are reversed, doesn't know what to do and throws up its hands. Since the prints came out ok, I am not bothering with trying to fix them in fusion or some other software.

Tim
          Last edited by SubICman; 11-03-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• SubICman
            Lieutenant
            • Jun 2022

Been more than a few busy days, but I got some work done over the last 2 on the Nautilus. So the scale works out to be 1:63 with the 60% scale of the model parts in Lychee. I have been using a syringe with the elegoo resin in it, and a UV flashlight to fill in any small gaps left after gluing the rakes and the keel in. I am using spot and glazing putty on areas that the resin will just flow through.

I also started printing up the stand pieces. Those are going to need some love in the joint areas, as I am unwilling to reprint these for minor imperfections.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221103_091628.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	166344Click image for larger version  Name:	20221103_091637.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	166345
            Last edited by SubICman; 11-03-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...