Neptune submarine light system and new improved conning tower

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    You've already got a conduit for the camera signal in the form of an umbilical. Use it. You can patch off the plug into your virtual goggles and into the input side of a portable recorder, now-a-days an SD card.

David

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    replied
    live Camera for the Neptune

PS Im looking for a camera that can hook up to the Neptune and has live video feed to the radio and i want to be able to record onto a dvr if possible capture what iv'e seen if i want to any suggestions would be great.

David Merriman, do you have any comments on the sub, camera equipment some type of video, feed from some glasses that can see live video. Maybe ran by a cable from the sub, to the vision piece. Polyphemus has the cable which i like but the viewing screen, is very small and the unit does not even record nothing . I need something better then that if im going to spend $250 or more. I can place any type of HD camera on top of the sub and go for a dive and hope i caught something good on video that sucks going that derection
    ok David the master of submarines, talk away im all ears and eyes .
    Jim
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-14-2012, 02:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    replied
    Hi sub human,

I appreciate the words spoken from a true hobbiest that can appreciate home made projects
    the lights are from a vender, that builds them on the side for the neptune and helped me out with the lights only . I purchased the sub from a private person got a bad deal but i fixed the sub it works perfect now. Planning to post a pool video, soon.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    replied
    thanks trout for the nice comment

Jim

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    I like that you put your touch to it and it came out so well!
    Excellent!
    Peace,
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    I like it a lot! Suits the boat and you did a great job building it. I love the lights as well. Are those homebuilt light pods or did you retrofit something else?

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    replied
    last picture i also have a video attached so you can see my strobe system working along with my new search light system all installed. A pool video soon.

Jim

illumination rating over 1,000,000MCD times two since i have two lights on both sides . Just for kicks they were tested down to a 1000 feet wow!!! How cool is that taken down in a rov sub by a freind that works for scripps of oceanography in san deigo, CA was a freind of Jacque cousteau what a incredible man he was .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-15-2012, 12:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    replied
    more pictures of the tower
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Neptune submarine light system and new improved conning tower

MY neptune improvments added my own personnal touch with the new version conning tower instead of a plastic clear dome cap scratch built project. David M you
    should be able to appreciated something like this because its hand made?

What do you think.

JIm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-13-2012, 11:25 PM.
Working...