X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by wlambing
    My Christmas present; It's fixed!! :)
    Excellent. File all relavent SubSafe paperwork. Pull the red-tags, test, certify, and go out there and make the lake safe for Democracy.

Leave a comment:

• wlambing
    replied
    My Christmas present; It's fixed!! :)

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thanks, David! Pretty much what I envisioned overnight, except the CA trick, which will help immensely!! Take care, Merry Christmas!!
    You too, shipmate.

David

Leave a comment:

• wlambing
    replied
    Thanks, David! Pretty much what I envisioned overnight, except the CA trick, which will help immensely!! Take care, Merry Christmas!!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Oh, Great and Exalted Wizard of the Deepness,

While wrestling with some electronic issues, my B&V servo hyperextended itself to 90 degrees toward vent position and the pushrod disconnected itself from the servo arm via the slot in the arm. Is there some method to get it re-connected short of fully disassembling the cylinder and pulling the servo off the bulkhead? So far, my fiddling about, swearing under my breath, and holding my lips in certain positions is not working!!

A. Flangehead
    Yeah, you've got to remove the servo to do it. I can do it in my sleep, but I've had over 30 years of practice.

First, remove the pushrod wheel-collars. Remove (with a long phillips screw-driver) the two servo bracket screws. With a long hemostat remove the servo and pushrod. Make up the Z-bend of the pushrod to the servo horn and tack it in place with CA (the bond will break later). Reinsert the servo, aiming the forward end of the pushrod into the ballast bulkhead pushrod seal. Make up the servo bracket. Install the pushrod adjusting wheel-collars, placing the bottom of the vent-valve bell-crank between them. Test and adjust.

Sing my praises.

David

Leave a comment:

• wlambing
    started a topic Blow & Vent Servo Pushrod???

Blow & Vent Servo Pushrod???

Oh, Great and Exalted Wizard of the Deepness,

While wrestling with some electronic issues, my B&V servo hyperextended itself to 90 degrees toward vent position and the pushrod disconnected itself from the servo arm via the slot in the arm. Is there some method to get it re-connected short of fully disassembling the cylinder and pulling the servo off the bulkhead? So far, my fiddling about, swearing under my breath, and holding my lips in certain positions is not working!!

A. Flangehead
Working...