X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • llangston1
    Lieutenant
    • Sep 2013

Buzzing Traxxis speed controller?

Is it normal for my old Traxxis speed controller to buzz when the power is turned on? When powered up I hear that slight buzzing noise from the WTC. I thought it was Coming from the ballast servo buried in the bulkhead But the servo is not jittering at all. I even disconnected the ballast servo and I still hear the noise in the battery compartment where the speed controller is. Also I have noticed that if I leave the WTC powered up but just sitting, Xmitter off so no commanding that the ballast bulkhead get warm to the touch. There is also some slight condensation in the engine compartment so there is still some water somewhere.
  • llangston1
    Lieutenant
    • Sep 2013

Here is a video that captures the buzzing sound.

Comment

• llangston1
      Lieutenant
      • Sep 2013

Will do. Any recommendations on a replacement servo that will fit that bulkhead?

Comment

• llangston1
        Lieutenant
        • Sep 2013

I got the ballast servo out and took the case apart. No way I am messing with the innards though. Way too many small plastic gears to pull apart and reassemble. Can I just spray some contact cleaner in there and let it dry. Or like you said just buy another one. This one is a HiTec HS-101 mini servo. Can you provide instructions for cleaning the circuits of the receiver so I can try that?

Comment

• llangston1
          Lieutenant
          • Sep 2013

I sprayed some contact cleaner on the servo guts let it dry and put it all back together and it works fine. Has good movement amd does not jitter. So its going back in after I RTV the wires a little better to help keep any moisture out of it.

Comment

Working...