• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biggsgolf
    Captain
    • Jan 2020

USS BLUEBACK Bow & Aft Nose Removal

Hi,
    How far off do I remove these noses? I removed the lower hull aft nose past the nose as to allow the forward facing bearing to seat in the lower hull. Is the bearing to be sanded to decrease its diameter as well? I am concerned about having enough space between it and the Subdriver unit. It looks to me to be seated 3mm or so forward of the instruction photos.
    Thanks,
  • biggsgolf
    Captain
    • Jan 2020

Comment

• biggsgolf
      Captain
      • Jan 2020

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I'm not following you at all. Try again, please.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• biggsgolf
          Captain
          • Jan 2020

David, sorry about that.
          When the kit arrives both the upper and lower hull have rounded ends that I assume are to be cut off. On the Lower hull in order to allow for the forward facing bearing to fit in the end of the hull I had to shorten the hull about 3mm more after cutting off the rounded end. I am calling whats pictured as the forward facing bearing. In the second photo, the upper hull still has the rounded nose which I later cut off, the lower hull shows the I cut off the rounded end nose, then cut off an additional 3mm since the forward facing bearing was to large in diameter to fit in the hull. Did I do as I was supposed to do is what I am hoping?
          Bruce

Comment

Working...