X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgtmac1
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Nov 2014

Early D&E 3.5 wtc questions

I was wondering if this tire valve on the bottom side of the rear bulkhead was to slightly pressurize the wtc? Also, can the two motors be wired to separate esc's instead of in parallel without affecting the gear drives ability to run properly?
    And, how can I determine what amount of topside(waterline and above, I think)weight will be lifted by this tank which appears to have a length of about 15", an inside diameter of 3.25", and has the float and gas tank on its inside? A rough approximation is probably what I am shooting for and then I believe I need to hold all topside weight to be under this weight, correct?
    Finally, can I run this 12v, 7ah battery in the wet portion of the hull or would it need to be in a waterproof container or compartment? I have heard that it doesn't matter except for the wiring, which may corrode or leak water.

Thank you,
    Dave
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Dave, that tire valve is to equalize the pressure built up in the WTC when you push the endcaps on. However, If you remove the valve core and slip a hose on it you can blow on it or pull a vacuum to help you locate leaks. Be careful not to blow too hard as you can blow the endcaps off and flood you electronics in your dry space.
    Yes you can power the motors seperately. I have two subs that I have set up that way. As far as that heavy battery that you have displayed, it will take a Big boat and a lot of foam to float it. Far better to put a lightweight Lipo battery inside the battery compartment of a Sub-Driver or a seperate battery WTC.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• sgtmac1
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Nov 2014

I haven't seen a big boat like mine (78'', maybe 25 pounds)with a 3.5 wtc that I am aware of, so I am wondering what potential the lift is of the ballast tank? It looks like there is about 14 and a half inches of interior volume, less the tank and float. There doesn't seem to be a separate battery compartment on this one, that's why I was wondering if I should build the battery into the hull as low as possible just forward of the wtc. Also, what kind of deployment capability would you expect out of a lipo battery(not sure what sizes there are)compared to this 7ah battery? I know that it takes about 8 hours to fully charge this battery(it is used to power a pump driven duck decoy)after about 8 hours of off/on use when hunting. How long does it take to charge lipo batteries and is a special charger required? Do they vent or anything that would preclude them from being sealed into a separate wtc with just the charging jacks exposed or do they need to be periodically removed for charging for safety reasons?

Comment

Working...