1:72 Gato. Revell Germany or Revell/Monogram?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slats
    replied
    Which Revell/Monogramed boxed ones are you interested in?
    If these are also Revell boxed same products I'd like to know as in my neck of the woods the Revell boxed items are not found in the Revell / Monogram range.

Thanks
    J

Leave a comment:

• Outrider
    replied
    Thanks, John. I suspect that the Monogram and Germany versions come from the same molds, but I just don't know. Before I buy one for the collection, I want to make sure I won't get disappointed by purchasing the Revell Monogram box, which I've found at a discount. I love these 1:72 kits, but they're much more interesting to me as RCs than static models. Even so, some accuracy is important--think about the Lindberg I-boat with its huge aft escape hatch (ICBM silo?) and wacky bow. No savings if the Monogram version is some unrefined wanna be.

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Ps you can motor up for RC small Revell / Monogram stuff - did this with their PT109. Lost the boat when she was pack raped by Mallard ducks.

My advice however is don't both too much with these toys.

J

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    From what I understand Revell/Monogram is the US arm of Revell DE (Revell Germany).

You won't find many of the same products sold under both brands.
    I.e. Revell HMCS Snowberry - flower class corvette is not boxed or branded as Revell/Monogram - its always boxed as just Revell - the German company.

The 1/72 PT-109 was for a time avaliable in both branded boxes of Revell/Monogram and Revell. In more recent times the Revell boxed version is boxeds as PT-117 - same kit but different decals

So they are pretty much the same corporate family - with the Monogram arm being the US cousins. In the main they have different products. Most of the large enough scale to RC tends to be Revell. As far as these large kits go I have yet to see them in both brands so I would doubt you would find the sub kits of the same scale in both brands with different prices. If you have please let us know.

Best
    J

Leave a comment:

• Outrider
    started a topic 1:72 Gato. Revell Germany or Revell/Monogram?

1:72 Gato. Revell Germany or Revell/Monogram?

Just curious if anybody here can offer an informed comparison. Not sure if these are the same kits or something different. The German kit costs more. I assume that's based on more than a weak dollar. But I don't know. If different, is the Revell/Monogram plastic still suitable for RC work?
Working...