Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Randy,

That would work just fine, but typically use bullet connectors embedded in the end cap. That way you can just unlplug the motor to completely remove it for replacement, maintenance or upgrade.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• RanSan
    replied
    Originally posted by SubHuman
    Yes, extensively. I and many others have successfully waterproofed standard servos, and I've used the new "waterproof" Hitec servos to good effect as well. Brushed motors can run wet, though they require additional maintenance and the life will be reduced. Brushless are perfectly happy in the wet, but again, you have some post-run maintenance for a full lifetime. My new cylinders feature brushless in the wet.

As a point of thought, you've eliminated a linkage seal, but now you need to deal with an electrical seal. Certainly doable, but bear that in mind.
    I guess the next question is for those who use motors in the wet what is your typical post run maintenance?

In your book Bob you mention the brass rod through the bulkhead for the servos would that method work for the motor or is the current to high?

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Originally posted by SubDad79
    I've used this product on my truck servos, receivers and LED circuit boards to waterproof them

https://jimsbearings.com/products/he...erproofing-kit
    Looks like nail polish.

Leave a comment:

• SubDad79
    replied
    I've used this product on my truck servos, receivers and LED circuit boards to waterproof them

Leave a comment:

• Halcyon66
    replied
    Great replies, many thanks. Been using the big hitec waterproof on some other projects yet good to know others are as well.

Regards,

Gregory

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    This guy doesn't even use a WTC. He just seals his electronics with nail polish.
    Stunning work!

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    This guy doesn't even use a WTC. He just seals his electronics with nail polish.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    How to waterproof your electronics.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Check out Bob's video on how to make a waterproof servo.

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    I do it on most of my boats.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Yes, extensively. I and many others have successfully waterproofed standard servos, and I've used the new "waterproof" Hitec servos to good effect as well. Brushed motors can run wet, though they require additional maintenance and the life will be reduced. Brushless are perfectly happy in the wet, but again, you have some post-run maintenance for a full lifetime. My new cylinders feature brushless in the wet.

As a point of thought, you've eliminated a linkage seal, but now you need to deal with an electrical seal. Certainly doable, but bear that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Halcyon66
    started a topic Water proof Servos and motors.

Water proof Servos and motors.

Quick question has anyone experimented with water proof servos and motors? Thus limiting the WTC units to RX's and pump systems and some water proof connectors.

Regards,

Gregory
Working...