Looking for a Subgroup in the Crystal River FL area, I will be moving there in 2024

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alucard
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Aug 2023

Looking for a Subgroup in the Crystal River FL area, I will be moving there in 2024

Hi everyone, I currently live in NJ and will be moving to the Crystal River area in the 2nd half of next year and I was looking to see if there are any subgroups or model groups around.
    After I move, I plan on building my first RC sub VII C 1/48 scale. I am looking to meet and work/play with other members, so I am looking to see if there are any groups in the area.
  • Navy2000
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2018

I live in Hudson Fl. about 1 1/2 hours south of Crystal River. At this time I am working on my first sub in 1/96 scale of the Jimmy Carter a modified Seawolf class. I would like to get together with you once we are both ready to operate our subs.

Duane

Comment

• Alucard
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Aug 2023

I just bought a house in Dunnellon and I am hoping to actually move in around September and then a few weeks later start attempting to build by sub but I would like to get together. I would love to hear reports on how you are doing and maybe see some pictures of your progress and your work area. I have to put together a work area.

Comment

• Navy2000
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Jan 2018

It would great to get together when you move down here. I am currently working with another gentleman in getting a small group of us together for fun runs. We are looking for areas to run that would somewhat easy for all of us to get to. Keep in touch and let me know when you are ready to get together. I do a lot of surface warships and I am working on my first model and have two others that I want to build.

Duane

Comment

• wiso2
          Ensign
          • Jun 2024

Hello, I just read your post and want to let you know that there are a few of us who are local and we have a sailing/scale boat club with a couple of subs. I myself am located in the Hernando/Citrus Hills area which is not far from Dunnellon. Get in touch with me and I can fill you in on meeting times and locations. Nick P.

Comment

• Alucard
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Aug 2023

That would be great Nick, I will be back in Florida sometime in August or September, Going on an Alaskan cruise Land and sea.

Comment

• wiso2
              Ensign
              • Jun 2024

Looking forward to hearing from you when you return......Enjoy your trip!

Comment

• The hobbyist
                Ensign
                • Jul 2024

Hi everyone, I just found this form. I live in New Port Richey and I am also building my first sub. i’m big into 3-D printing and design and got files and started printing a German U-boat would love to get together and connect with you guys

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by The hobbyist
                  Hi everyone, I just found this form. I live in New Port Richey and I am also building my first sub. i’m big into 3-D printing and design and got files and started printing a German U-boat would love to get together and connect with you guys
                  Then today's your lucky day: a free Zoom chat this afternoon:
                  MARK YOUR CALENDAR!

RC SUBS FOR THE NEW SKIPPER

OPEN EVENT!

Everyone is welcome!

3pm Central
                  Saturday, July 13th
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• wiso2
                    Ensign
                    • Jun 2024

To the hobbyist, you can email me at: wisonick58@aol.com for info

Comment

Working...