• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

1/48 Oberon Refit

Bob,

Enjoyed your overview video on this beast! Very clever mechanisms for actuating the bow planes and masts/antennas/periscopes! Are you going to fit running lights? I ask 'cos a notable feature is missing; the clear cover for the stern light. It looks like the aft portion of an aircraft canopy on the aft end of the raised superstructure. The port & stbd running lights are easy enough to locate and install, but the trick would be to get an accurate depiction of the portable mast head light that fits just above and aft of the bridge cockpit. There should be pictures of all the lights in the research mat'l I passed along.

Take care, make her pretty!

Bill

P.S.- the hull zincs are missing, too! Ran full length of hull in an interesting mostly linear pattern.
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

WOW! This is why some of us beginners feel somewhat reluctant to show our builds on this forum! When will enough be enough?

"Firemen can stand the heat."
    Rob

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Bill,

She's as done as she's going to get in my hands (unless the new owner wants to buck up for additional dream features). Thanks for the info on the zincs and lights. This is all good stuff!

Bob

Comment

Working...