Anyone know a good source for Custom Dry Transfers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albacore 569
    Commander
    • Sep 2020

Anyone know a good source for Custom Dry Transfers?

Anyone know a good source for Custom Dry Transfers? (USA)

Steven
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

I found a company down here called colorvu.com. I haven't tried them yet, but plan to soon.

Comment

• Das Boot
      Rear Admiral
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Albacore 569
      Anyone know a good source for Custom Dry Transfers? (USA)

Steven
      Custom Graphics for your R/C Models! Choose from stock sets or request a quote for a custom scheme.
      Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

Callie is probably the best only drawback is that she is limited to size-I wanted to let her do the Atlantis but she couldn't go small enough. I wound up making my own waterslide transfers and changed out the adhesive and topcoat during application. https://forum.rc-sub.com/forum/tips-...als#post165693
        Last edited by Bob Gato; 11-12-2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Albacore 569
          Commander
          • Sep 2020

Click image for larger version  Name:	EPda1EI.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.6 KB ID:	166759Click image for larger version  Name:	6m1IUrv.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.9 KB ID:	166758Click image for larger version  Name:	Ibfwobg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.1 KB ID:	166757

Thank you! I'll contact Callie. I also found a place in Montreal, Canada too. https://reprographics.com/ Heck, there must be a printer in California?

Will get quotes & report back. Thank you.

Just two sets needed. Metallic gold name plates for fairwater. Block letters with boarder. Standard Royal Navy ship (boat) name. and roman numeral draft numbers. 6 needed, 3 each side.

Steve
          Last edited by Albacore 569; 11-12-2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Albacore 569
            Commander
            • Sep 2020

Just paid for order with Callie graphics. Had several prospective firms. One made it so ***** complicated and in the end said they couldn't do it! Callie was direct simple easy to work with. Only costing me $15.00 too. I'm Sold. I'll let you know how hey look. I ordered enough to do the boat - a few added for mistakes and complete new set if years later I need to repaint the sub

I'l also send a order for the French Sub too Bob. Will see how this first order goes.

This prompts a last question. How does one preserve dry transfers over time while on the sheet?

Thank you Das Boot.

Steve

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Just paid for order with Callie graphics. Had several prospective firms. One made it so ***** complicated and in the end said they couldn't do it! Callie was direct simple easy to work with. Only costing me $15.00 too. I'm Sold. I'll let you know how hey look. I ordered enough to do the boat - a few added for mistakes and complete new set if years later I need to repaint the sub

I'l also send a order for the French Sub too Bob. Will see how this first order goes.

This prompts a last question. How does one preserve dry transfers over time while on the sheet?

Thank you Das Boot.

Steve
              Place the dry-transfer sheet between sheets of parchment or wax paper and place that sandwich into a loose folder. Do not compress -- don't stack stuff on top of the folder. Duh!

To enhance the tack of the transfer markings hit the sheet with a hot-air gun -- necessary for old or poorly manufactured dry-transfers.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albacore 569
                Commander
                • Sep 2020

Thank you very much David !

I am going to swallow hard and try the new (new to me) Acrylic paints. I was so spoiled by the perfect Floquil Model Rail Road colors for m models. I still have them and am preserving them best I can.

Been practicing with test shots with my air brush and the coating ability of Acrylic doesn't seem as good as I remembered with the Floquil lacquers. It is still a bit early to be completing the boat to paint her in er earnest. But practicing getting into the grove painting again.

Its just learned over time building models to have a long lead time ordering supplies.

Some parts - like the fairwater iare already to pant. The fairwater of model is completed working on the hull now. I bought some 'Live color' camouflage set for Royal Navy Eastern Approaches. Many of the color an shades look perfect for Meteorite. Their gras seem to have the right faint blue tint I see in rare color Roal Nav subs of that period. (1946 - 1947).

What primers are good for acrylics?

Any suggestions from you David or anyone on spraying/working with Acrylics? I think I just have to play around testing with acrylics more.

Steve

Click image for larger version  Name:	4OKDBYD.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	166967

Last edited by Albacore 569; 11-18-2022, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Albacore 569
                  Commander
                  • Sep 2020

I have been using off the shelf hardware store primer fillers on my model parts. I read the instructions and look on line in detail & they deliberately seem to never state whether they are enamel, enamel acrylic enamel lacquer or what. The media product comments below seems that many ask the same questions around a particular paint product.

Since I can't use my beloved Floquil lacquers any longer and forced to use these Acrylic paints for air brushing, is there a spray barrier that will handle all kinds of paints to cover my butt and make the acrylics on top happy?

Steve
                  Last edited by Albacore 569; 11-22-2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

I have been using off the shelf hardware store primer fillers on my model parts. I read the instructions and look on line in detail & they deliberately seem to never state whether they are enamel, enamel acrylic enamel lacquer or what. The media product comments below seems that many ask the same questions around a particular paint product.

Since I can't use my beloved Floquil lacquers any longer and forced to use these Acrylic paints for air brushing, is there a spray barrier that will handle all kinds of paints to cover my butt and make the acrylics on top happy?

Steve
                    Yes. Any water-soluble paint.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albacore 569
                      Commander
                      • Sep 2020

Thank you Boss! Your the greatest, but you already knew that....have a happy Thanksgiving sir.

Steve

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thank you Boss! Your the greatest, but you already knew that....have a happy Thanksgiving sir.

Steve
                        Thank you, Steve. That coming from one of the best model-builders I know, is high praise indeed. And a happy Thanksgiving to you too, sir.

David
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...