X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott T
    Commander
    • May 2009

The Heart Mender

The Heart Mender - book that follows some of the WII history of German Submarines off the Gulf Coast.
    Not a lot about the submarines but about a crew member who ended up on the beach and his survival.
    The Audio version is probably very good as the author voices the story and gives character to the different people.
    I read the book and liked it. You can probably download it from your local library. I know the sub on the cover is not
    a WII boat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41u+yJn+6HL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	162277
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

If you can't see to it that the Publisher at least gets the right boat on the cover, it begs the question: what else did the author get wrong? I'm judging this book by its cover. It stinks.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• JHapprich
      Captain
      • Oct 2017

Come on, obviously its a Walther sub under its Alberich-camouflage

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JHapprich
        Come on, obviously its a Walther sub under its Alberich-camouflage
        Silly me. I missed that. And, as that book jacket looks to be a GUPPY type sail (fleet-snorkel with a GUPPY-3 'Atlantic' sail) I must back off my initial cruel and thoughtless hate-speech statement. Indeed, a WW2 movie featured such a boat standing in as a WW2 era German U-boat. I believe the movie was, Murphy's War. So, there's president. I stand corrected.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Scott T
          Commander
          • May 2009

Comment

Working...