X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Vigil - TV Series

Rick Teskey shot me an email saying that he was having a hard time posting up a new topic (must be your internet lines are frozen up there!), so asked me to do so on his behalf.

It looks like there is a new crime drama from the BBC that takes place on a fictional Trident nuclear submarine. I haven't seen anything about it personally, but here is some info from Wikipedia:

Vigil is a British police procedural television serial created by Tom Edge and produced by World Productions. The six-part series commenced on BBC One in August 2021.[1][2] It stars Suranne Jones, Rose Leslie, Shaun Evans, Paterson Joseph and Martin Compston.[2] The series is set in Scotland and much of the action takes place on a fictional ballistic missile submarine of the Royal Navy.

Plot

Detective Chief Inspector Amy Silva of the Scottish Police Service (the fictionalised Police Scotland) is sent to HMS Vigil, a fictional nuclear-powered Vanguard-class ballistic missile submarine, to investigate a death on board, which takes place shortly after the mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler. Her investigations, and those of her colleagues ashore, bring the police into conflict with the Royal Navy and MI5, the British Security Service.

May be worth checking out!

Working...