• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ganeshjois
    Ensign
    • May 2021

Any stock update on RC recievers

Hi,
    I am an newbie (with very little electronics knowledge), trying to build a rc sub and in the process collecting necessary equipments slowly. I bought a VEX transmitter for the radio.

Have been looking on website for a longtime and was wondering when will be the RC receiver be available on Drydocks?

Also, while in toy stores, I see lot of RC toys with 27 mHz and 49 mHz radios. Can these be used for building RC subs??

please do let me know.

Thanks

• Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

The toy R/C equipment usually tends to have very low power and consequently poor range. bets sticking with hobby grade kit.

Comment

• Sinksalot
      Commander
      • Mar 2020

I am guessing you haven't checked in the The Scrap Yard -- BUY & SELL HERE! part of the forum. Or on Ebay for New 75mhz receivers. I still have 7 left out of the 3 batches I posted.

Comment

• cheapsub
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Dec 2019

You can build one of these, or I could make one for you.
        open up receiver/crystal options.
        27MHz RC receiver , can't find any more than 3 channel.
        (by dumb luck I find some used one)

Last year my buddy ask me why he could not use his other reg 75mhz crystals on his Vex transmitter as he wanted to have more feq's to use. So I took the vex plastic crystal case apart and made a quick and dirty adapter with the parts I had on hand. We wanted to see if the reg crystals would work. Yes they do. Please note this

Comment

• ganeshjois
          Ensign
          • May 2021

There are few 72 mhz transmitters and receivers available on ebay. Can one use 72 mhz if you are just using in your backyard pool?

Comment

Working...