Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

I always wanted to visit Dealey Plaza in Dallas. I may go next year.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• rodirozmar
      Ensign
      • Oct 2022

The climate is very important to me, so I gladly moved to Texas. During the winter season, average temperatures across the state range from 50°F to 70°F, depending on location. Summer is usually hot. The hottest month - with a temperature of 90°F - is August, and somewhere in Texas it is dry and somewhere wet. This is good for me, as I feel better in warm weather. The only problem was with the transportation of things. And if it wasn't for AceLine Moving, I don't know how I would have moved all my junk. It turns out that I have so many necessary things, I would never have thought before moving, when I had to find and put all these things.
      Last edited by rodirozmar; 01-20-2023, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• goshawk823
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Oct 2010

Lived there for 3 years. I’ll pass.

Comment

• type7
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Apr 2009

I'm getting to know South Carolina, It is a good compromise between the north, (Illinois) and Florida or Arizona, (bring your own water). I have been finding ponds that are good for boats, not sure about subs yet.

Comment

• DrSchmidt
            Captain
            • Apr 2014

The Bucs got trashed by the Cowboys. Good place to be in Texas right now ;-)

Comment

• wlambing
              Commander
              • Nov 2020

Been through once on Old 66, it was nice and I like the thought of living and riding there, but soon it will be FULL of ex-patriate Californians and they will ruin it, just like they did Washington and Oregon!!!!

Comment

• SubSteve
                Lieutenant
                • Apr 2022

Originally posted by wlambing
                Been through once on Old 66, it was nice and I like the thought of living and riding there, but soon it will be FULL of ex-patriate Californians and they will ruin it, just like they did Washington and Oregon!!!!
                Moved near Dallas from Washington State about the same time Ed moved from The East. They tell you here to remember that you are a refugee not a missionary. I tell them right back that there's a third category, the Cavalry.

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

Tina and I are looking at Texas. Too soon to make a final decision, We need a place with more land, if we intend to keep raising service dogs.
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• SubSteve
                    Lieutenant
                    • Apr 2022

Originally posted by trout
                    Tina and I are looking at Texas. Too soon to make a final decision, We need a place with more land, if we intend to keep raising service dogs.
                    Love to have you down here! We also have lots of water!

Comment

• PerryShark
                      Ensign
                      • Apr 2023

Hi there! No, I'm moving to Chicago. Moving can be exciting, but also overwhelming. Whether you're moving for a job, family, or just a change of scenery, it's important to have a plan in place. If you need help with your move, be sure to check out https://threemovers.com/full-service-movers/ for resources and tips on finding the right full-service movers. Good luck with your move!
                      Last edited by PerryShark; 04-04-2023, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...