replied
    Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models

I was thinking of carving some log ride canoes from the bigger rounds
    O.K. that sounds like a better idea.

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver

You certainly have a nice shop in a very beautiful place for building submarines! How fortunate you are, and I hope you do not face any of the ragging fires that are burning up CA.

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    Thanks Rob. Luckily we built the shop a little more then 20 years ago when the price of them was very reasonable. There is no way we could justify the expense nowadays as the cost has quadrupled.

We’ve already had a number a very close calls this year with the fires raging around us nearby here in the Sierra Mountains. About two weeks ago was the closest call so far this year. The smoke from the Calder and Dixie fires has been real bad this past week. Years of poor forest management, drought and politics are just a few reasons California is in the position it is in with these large wild land fires. I don’t even want to get started talking about the main utility company whose years of neglect of their equipment have been responsible for starting a number of these large fires or our Governor who has essentially protected the company from being held accountable. It’s a mess.

Best I can do is make sure our land is kept fire hardened and prepared.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    You could make a lot of sub stands with that - LOL
    I was thinking of carving some log ride canoes from the bigger rounds

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    You could make a lot of sub stands with that - LOL

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    started a topic Not sub related

Not sub related

Not sub related but this time of year I have my hands full managing the land we live on. Took down four 120’ tall pine trees near the shop over the last couple days. It was a technical removable to drop them in a small area. Just another day living in the fire prone Sierra mountains of California. Hoping to get back to the sub work once this season is over
    Attached Files
Working...