X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken_NJ
    Captain
    • Sep 2014

Revell Type VIIc 1/72

I have a friend who joined our group here in NJ. We are mostly surface models, I'm the only one with model subs. I showed him my shop and what I do. That gave him some encouragement. He has a Revell 1/72 VIIc in the box. I'll do what I can to help him along. Any suggestions for a SD? My Marlin is 2.5 incher. What size would he use for the VIIc? And he'll need twin motors which is something I have not done, not a big deal. I know the usual electronics he will need. Can't be much different than what I've done. I hope he'll join this forum. And he is interested in going to Groton for a day to see what all the hubbub is about.

Official website of Revell GmbH for model making and remote-controlled RC functional models. Discover the fascination of plastic model making, Junior Kit, accessories, airbrush and toys. Build your dream!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    I have a friend who joined our group here in NJ. We are mostly surface models, I'm the only one with model subs. I showed him my shop and what I do. That gave him some encouragement. He has a Revell 1/72 VIIc in the box. I'll do what I can to help him along. Any suggestions for a SD? My Marlin is 2.5 incher. What size would he use for the VIIc? And he'll need twin motors which is something I have not done, not a big deal. I know the usual electronics he will need. Can't be much different than what I've done. I hope he'll join this forum. And he is interested in going to Groton for a day to see what all the hubbub is about.

https://www.revell.de/en/products/mo...41-revell.html
    It takes a 2" SD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	025.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	151685Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3662.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	151686Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0034.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	151687Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0125.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	151688

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• tifosi12
      Commander
      • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Ken_NJ

https://www.revell.de/en/products/mo...41-revell.html
      My first sub was the Revell 1/72 VIIc as well. As David said, it needs a two inch SD. The trickiest part is controlling the twin rudders, so take a close look at David's shot. I never managed to get those mechanics working precisely, which meant my boat turned most only to one side and not the other. The type C has a extra long periscope. I converted that into a snorkel to feed air into the SD.

Revell also offers the 1/72 Type IXC. It's a good deal bigger and might be able to accommodate a 2.5" SD. Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	189
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	151690

Comment

• Ken_NJ
        Captain
        • Sep 2014

Thanks David. and tifos. If I went for a fourth sub it would be the Revell IXD, but that's years away for me. Will have to contact Bob about the 2" SD when he's fully recovered and back to work. He doesn't list them and maybe it's going to an MSD? Don't know.

Comment

Working...