X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Triton Build

There was a fellow in Australia that built a very nice rc Triton many years ago, then I lost track of him. At one time I think he planned on making kits of this boat. Anyone know him? I think his first name was Garry or Gary. I’d love to see the rc version.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”
  • JHapprich
    Captain
    • Oct 2017

Are you talking about the nuclear Triton? That would be a cool thing!

Jörg

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot
      There was a fellow in Australia that built a very nice rc Triton many years ago, then I lost track of him. At one time I think he planned on making kits of this boat. Anyone know him? I think his first name was Garry or Gary. I’d love to see the rc version.
      Garry Gray.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

Thanks, Dave. Found this. I sent him an email to ask a few questions but it bounced. He had the guts installed but I never saw it in the water. Beautiful boat.
        Last edited by Das Boot; 05-21-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• CC Clarke
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Aug 2020

Man, if I had a nickel for every person who built a hull and said they were going to produce it, I'd be a rich man. There's a huge chasm between the talkers and the doers in this hobby.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by CC Clarke
            Man, if I had a nickel for every person who built a hull and said they were going to produce it, I'd be a rich man. There's a huge chasm between the talkers and the doers in this hobby.
            That has been my observation too. But, to be honest, there are many projects I failed to follow-through on as well.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Davidh
              Captain
              • Nov 2010

Yes Gary Grey,

I met him once at the canberra subregatta about 10 years ago. I believe he lives in Red cliffs Victoria. I don’t have his contact details unfortunately. I saw his triton, a beautiful boat.

dave H

Comment

• Das Boot
                Rear Admiral
                • Dec 2019

I’ve never seen pictures of it under way.

Comment

• Das Boot
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Dec 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

That has been my observation too. But, to be honest, there are many projects I failed to follow-through on as well.

David
                  I thought the best idea you had was the rc turd that would dive and chase people in public swimming pools. Now that would have been a hoot.

Comment

Working...