Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Subculture
    Ultimately the clever little chap from County Clare had the right idea, though.
    I should have known! (I had to look it up). John Holland. Sneaky, Andy... very sneaky.

And, you're right!

David

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    I at least have a possible idea as to where I could make the joint separation to gain access to the WTC (SD)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	150206Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010003.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	150207

Name:	P1010002.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	150208

I would be using the existing SD that I use on my HL Hunley! I could design a gear box similar to (David M.) design. Link up control surfaces with magnets, and use dog bones for the prop shafts!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Ultimately the clever little chap from County Clare had the right idea, though.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

You can follow the German Type-21 imprint on almost all Soviet post-war designs on up to and including their NOVEMBER's. And a big part of our post-war designs was borrowed from the German boats as well.

Clever people, those Germans... just don't ever let them get on top of you! They love to goose-step along streets not their own. Tulips Shall Grow (Madcap Models No. U1-5) - Bing video

David
    Thanks for the Bing video!

Since I have been in the hobby I have certainly noticed how German design and engineering has influenced submarine technology as well as other endeavors they pursued!

Rob

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver

Hi David!

How did I know that you would be the one with the answers!!:-))

Thank you very much for the great information. I sure do see the similarities in the photo of Foxtrot and the Type XXl sterns! Thank you for the photos David! Not sure what I am going to do at this point.

Rob
    You can follow the German Type-21 imprint on almost all Soviet post-war designs on up to and including their NOVEMBER's. And a big part of our post-war designs was borrowed from the German boats as well.

Clever people, those Germans... just don't ever let them get on top of you! They love to goose-step along streets not their own. Tulips Shall Grow (Madcap Models No. U1-5) - Bing video

David

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Here's your gear-box:

Your confusing the FOXTROT with the Type-21

Hi David!

How did I know that you would be the one with the answers!!:-))

Thank you very much for the great information. I sure do see the similarities in the photo of Foxtrot and the Type XXl sterns! Thank you for the photos David! Not sure what I am going to do at this point.

Rob

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver
    OK! I need to find someone or someplace on our forum that a gear box was used to power two prop shafts off a single motor! Also I may be wrong, but I also had seen what looked like the stern of the Type XXl boat that had one prop coming from the center of the stern as well the two coming from the port and the starboard side of the tail fins!?

Any help or advice would be appreciated! I am finding now that I have this boat printed out, that it may be quite a project to build it to be more than just a static model! It's going to be a challenge to put this boat into the water! I know there is away to do it, and I am very much up for it, but it is going to take sometime! Bare with me because it is going to take awhile!!

Rob
    Here's your gear-box:

Your confusing the FOXTROT with the Type-21

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    I could be wrong, but I think Bob is going to be offering a gear box when he releases his new Subdrivers as they will be single drive only.
    bruce

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    OK! I need to find someone or someplace on our forum that a gear box was used to power two prop shafts off a single motor! Also I may be wrong, but I also had seen what looked like the stern of the Type XXl boat that had one prop coming from the center of the stern as well the two coming from the port and the starboard side of the tail fins!?

Any help or advice would be appreciated! I am finding now that I have this boat printed out, that it may be quite a project to build it to be more than just a static model! It's going to be a challenge to put this boat into the water! I know there is away to do it, and I am very much up for it, but it is going to take sometime! Bare with me because it is going to take awhile!!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
    Rob,

Very nice looking model. What layer height did you print these at and how many total hours would you say it took to make all the parts?

This is definitely another boat I will need to purchase form Bob.

Nick
    Nick! I am very pleased at how it has turned out. I got a total of 101 hours on this model. The Resolution or primary layer height is at 0.2 mm. This is the default set up that came with simplify 3D for my Dremel 3D40 Flex printer.

Das Boot! Yes, get a 3D printer! You will not regret it!!!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    Rob,

Very nice looking model. What layer height did you print these at and how many total hours would you say it took to make all the parts?

This is definitely another boat I will need to purchase form Bob.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    I’ve got to purchase a printer. No question.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Thank you guys! Well the printing of the parts is complete! I did tape all the joints together just to get a visual of what it might look like! Sorry about the tape!!

Name:	P1010009.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	150115Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010010.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	150116Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010012.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	150117

I am going to put some time into the Nautilus, and then I will do some more on the Type XXl! I am going to do some engineering work on the hull design in order to install a WTC! Not sure how I will do this, but with some work I am sure I can achieve what I need!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    Looking good Rob. I’m looking forward to your build of this boat.

Das Boot,

These are the print files Bob Martin sells on his website. If you do not have access to a printer, I think Bob may also offer a already printed set for purchase.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Sweet. You selling a few?

Leave a comment:

Working...