Captain America Hydra Sub Build

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reckless
    replied
    looking good! .. definitely watch this from my lurking spot while finishing my 'forced' move, and get hobby space set back up ..etc

This is one of the printable subs I've had my eye on, definitely want to enable elevons type controls though, have the ability to do some under water 'flying'

Leave a comment:

• Groot689
    replied
    Rob, it looks like the Hydro build is really coming along. I am curious as to what layer height you were using when printing your sub. Also, were the original STL files configured so the seam between each hull section is vertical as opposed to running horizontally? I am wondering about fitment when binding the hull pieces together. Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the thrusters. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• ChristopherL
    replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver
    I have completed all the parts for the Hydra Sub!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    I see you have the same defect that I have on the back of the canopy. I don't think that should not be there?

Leave a comment:

• ChristopherL
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sub1.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	149394
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChristopherL
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	jetengine2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	149388 Click image for larger version  Name:	20191214_122502.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	149387
    Finale found how to upload pics.H ere's some pics of what I came up with the engine pod design.
    Last edited by ChristopherL; 04-27-2021, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChristopherL
    replied
    caused
    Originally posted by rwtdiver

ChristopherL,

I have found with the previous 6 3D builds that I have downloaded and built, that you will have areas that will require some sanding and fill work! Now this could have been the files themselves, printer settings, filament choice, or the printer itself! These files are not perfect! Lots of prep work for sure, and you need to be ready for that! In my opinion, I think Nautilus Drydocks files are very good!

As far a posting photos of your work, I would format them in JPG, and then use UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS not upload from URL It took me a while to figure that all out as well! That is what works for me.

Welcome to the site, and good luck on your build.

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    Yes I know about downloading 3d files are not perfect, Have download a few file of the internet that had errors in them that caused my slicer program to go strange. I did find what was causing the problem, fixed by redrawing the hole model,

Leave a comment:

• ChristopherL
    replied
    I purchased the files late 2019,When I went to slice them and print them up, Had a few issues with some files that sliced in very strange ways. And add some more details, Still need to print the hull. Decided to make the engine pods functional. How do you post pics here.Tried to, When It ask for the url but I could not enter anything?
    Last edited by ChristopherL; 04-27-2021, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Groot689
    replied
    I am delighted to see that someone is posting a build log on this sub. I have had my eye on it for quite some time but both of my printers are currently tied up printing full scale droids. Really interested to see how your motor setup turns out.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    The Throttle Jockey allows control of two independent motors off of one channel. It automatically mixes rudder and throttles. Just another option for you...

Leave a comment:

• coryhenry
    replied
    Rob if you are going to have differential thrust to control direction then you probably don't need the rudder. I the forward and rear dive panes would be enough to control depth.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    started a topic Captain America Hydra Sub Build

Captain America Hydra Sub Build

Not doing this build
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 08-27-2021, 07:51 PM. Reason: Closed
Working...