X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Groot689
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2016

Brass Nameplates for models?

I posted this question on another forum and did not get much of a response so I thought I would give you guys a try. Can anyone direct me to a vendor/craftsman that makes name plates for our models? These name plates could be made from etched brass plate, laser cut plastic or brass, or cast resin... it doesn't matter. I am in the process of finishing up Captain Nemo's Rifle and would like to add a plaque of some kind describing it etc. I know that these things exist but dont know where to start. Any suggestions?
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

If you have issues finding laser options, I can put together a 3D version and print it out on my printer for you. If you have ideas, shoot me an email with what your vision looks like and I'll see what I can come up with.

Bob

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

Have you thought about going to a trophy supply shop. They do brass plates of all kinds and sizes.

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

the average Trophy shop typically has a hashey pantograph engraver...Just Google Laser etched brass plaques...many for under $15.
        Last edited by Bob Gato; 08-30-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Groot689
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Mar 2016

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have several projects that are nearing completion that will need some form of plaque. Bob, your offer for a 3D printed nameplate would probably be perfect for the DeBoers Seaview once it is finished which is hopefully soon. I will contact you then. Thanks again for the great suggestions.

Comment

Working...