• Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Are they REALLY canon??

Dave et al...,

Look, let's discuss the SSRN SEAVIEW., specifically the "Bow plane" lines

Where is it noted..in CANON, that these scribed marks are indeed split lines for bow planes?

Not..well Paul Lubliner the authority said they were, or "Joey" heard from a guy who built the prototype.

Is this an assumption to explain some lines or are they indicated as such on the original studio drawings?

Are we suffering from "he said she said"?

Yes Dave, I know you had the monster, and that they are practical in operation as you've proven, but are we a 100% sure in canon?

This is a Fantasy sub, but well....

Asking for a friend.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Hey I dig it, if it makes your boat float, let it blow your tank.

So I go with sonar window outlines.

Makes sense if only to me because.....

1-They were NEVER shown operating.

2-No room in the bow for a traditional sonar dome due to the Observation room

3-Held way outboard away from the crew shenanigans as they party the night away in said Observation room. (I'd say because of Barbara Eden's dancing, but she was aft and on the USOS SEAVIEW)

3a-.....which is a good reason to have "Manta fins" in the first place.

4-Compliment the port and starboard dorsal sonar bulges by listening BELOW SEAVIEW.

5-She already has fairwaters, so would be nonsensical even ON a fantasy sub.

6-Moving the tips like that looks funny, even though it does aid in depth control.

And like you said really doesn't matter because there IS no canon, so like you said: Call it what you want, build what you want. Which is now my response to those that ask.

Heck, it could even be both if you can make an argument for variations in flow noise as they're used.

I will bring an extra Diet Mountain Dew to Cohutta appease the Build God n my transgression. It's a joy to watch you drink that Crab Juice.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

Say ED...maybe they were used as ailerons to aid in rolling the boat so violently during almost every show-BG

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        Rear Admiral
        • Sep 2015

**** you Bob.
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

Working...