X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

You're most EPIC RC Submarine moment: Poll

I posted this question up at the SC Facebook page, and thought it would warrant a discussion here by you non-Facebook, or better yet, ANTI-Facebook folks.

What is YOUR most epic moment in this hobby?

The one defining sea story that had yet to be beat by yourself.

I'll start!

Just last year, while my 1:48 USS SHARK SSN-591 running a perfect PD among all the beautiful and perfectly detailed surface craft in Queens NY, a man remarked, "That's the coolest thing in the pond!". A 10 yo zipping past on his bike who must've overheard said, "Yes, yes it is..." The kid didn't miss a beat and kept going. That to me was truly epic.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • Davidh
    Captain
    • Nov 2010

It must have been the the 2012 Canberra ACT Sub regatta,

I was sitting on the side of the concrete pool and heard an almighty bang and felt it through the concrete. Felt it through the concrete!, Pat Drake had, I think fired an explosive torpedo out of his huge U-995. I turned around to see what I also think was Jim Russel's corvette going under.

Those were the Days. You couldn't trust Pat Drake with anything....

David H

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      Ellie taking this picture after I asked an assembled group of r/c sub drivers what they thought of the instructions that come with the Polk's transmitter:
      MY GOD MAN!! What did you do to poor Fung Pang?!?!? The man was soooo innocent!

TM's and their darn influence!!

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

Working...