• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Most Common Electrical Connector Used In R.C Submarines

Hello
    Like the title says. I was wondering What the Most Common electrical connector is that is used to make electrical connections in R.C submarine electrical systems? I know of direct hard soldering but what is the most common connector used and why?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    George
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Thank You for your reply and lessons. Question about Deans connectors. How do you know if you have the real Deans connector or a cheap fake one from china? I heard from some speed racers friends that there a lot of fake Deans out there and they fail frequently on them.
    Is that an issue for R.C sub use OR is it because the racers draw such Large current demands on the Lipos that the fake Deans melt under load???

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

Ah O.K then. Thanks for the lessons and your time.

Comment

• george
        Captain
        • Dec 2010

Sorry for got to ask you about your small servos. Are they metal geared OR nylon geared?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

Some additional input on this. I also use mini-Deans (which are about half the size of traditional Deans), and XT-60 and XT-30. All are great connectors.

The standard servos in our Subdrivers are nylon gear.

Comment

• george
            Captain
            • Dec 2010

Thanks for the update.

Comment

• cheapsub
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Dec 2019

Worse connector setup, old Airtronics servo connection, have the power wires in opposite of everybody.

In the old days the racers just solder the connection.

if the connector turns black, something goes wrong with the system.
              convince! stick with your setup. Little Dielectric grease on the contact goes a long way.
              I still have some dean's connector , 100% makes in china. Wants some .

still don't get this, war story,
              people managed to push in xt60 connector the wrong way. Never on a Dean's.

Got some stash of xt60, I could spare some, let me know.

Comment

Working...