X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

Futaba 9CAP on different frequencies

I think I asked this question before many moons ago but I've forgotten the answer.

I have a Futaba 9CAP transmitter with 2 different 50MHz RF modules - I am a HAM operator. I've been looking for a backup transmitter for my 9CAP on 50MHz with little luck.

But maybe, just maybe, I'm going about this all wrong. I believe - and this is where you correct me i*** I'm wrong - that I can acquire any Futabe 9CAP transmitter on 72MHz or 75MHz - it doesn't matter - and just remove the non-HAM RF module and plug in my 50MHz RF module and I'm good to go.

In other words, the operating frequency of the Futaba 9CAP is determined by the RF module and NOT by the 9CAP platform itself.

AM I correct? If I am correct, I should be hunting for Futaba 50MHz RF modules and not for the whole transmitter.

Please advise.
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • MFR1964
    Detail Nut of the First Order
    • Sep 2010

I think you are right, i have a robbe PCM transmittor, it can carry both PCM and FFM modules inserted in the back, depending on which frequency i want to use i insert the module i want to use, recently i swopped the module from the type VII for another to be used for the type XVII, the XVII will use a different frequency at 40 Mhz, the type VII uses 30 Mhz, hope that will answer your question.

Manfred..
    I went underground

Comment

• Sinksalot
      Commander
      • Mar 2020

That Futaba module that's in your Futaba 9CAP, will work in another Futaba 9CAP or a Futaba T8UAP or a Futaba,Robbe F-16 or a Futaba Robbe FC-28 and even a WFLY WFT08X

Comment

• cheapsub
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Dec 2019

Come on, one more.

Comment

• cheapsub
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Dec 2019

Sorry this puppy getting very sick.
          Digging Up old Bones.
          https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Band-Channel-8

the "positive shift" force side is calling.
          https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...receivers-CH03
          do need a old JR transmitter for this.
          Last edited by cheapsub; 05-24-2020, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...