Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Anyone Successfully Modified a Futaba FM 75Mhz Transmitter to add more channels

Hello
    I was wondering IF anyone has successfully managed to add more channels to their futaba FM 75mhz transmitter. For example a Futaba FM 75Mhz transmitter comes with a 7 channel receiver; R127DF. I think I read somewhere that people were going to the main I.C on the Transmitter and adding wire and some parts to expand how many channels they could have and use.

Has anyone done it and how is it done?
    Please let me know with any pictures/details.

Thanks
    George
  • cheapsub
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Dec 2019

Did the change in AM 4 Ch to 5 Ch, pain in the ......

Buy a skysport 6 Ch (72mhz) at Ebay for $20, switch over the crystal you are done. Tested with 2 polks transmitter sandwich between.

If you are good at soldering, how about a 9 ch one.

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cheapsub
      Did the change in AM 4 Ch to 5 Ch, pain in the ......

Buy a skysport 6 Ch (72mhz) at Ebay for $20, switch over the crystal you are done. Tested with 2 polks transmitter sandwich between.

If you are good at soldering, how about a 9 ch one.
      Hello
      Would you mind if we could talk some more on this subject? I run Futaba FM radios. I know you just change the crystals in the receivers from 72 to 75Mhz BUT I NEVER KNEW you could do the same for the transmitters.

So what do mean about soldering???
      Thanks for replying
      George

Comment

• cheapsub
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Dec 2019

I find out by dumb luck, get a box of old 72mhz transmitters, (futaba, jr, hitec)
        I did have a futaba 75mhz tx, so I could test it by switch over the crystal. It works!
        But the futaba crystal, did not work with hitec, JR or airtronics tx.
        So I ordered some hitec, airtronics tx crystal from Ebay, they work too.

Also tested switch out some futaba, hitec, jr tx modules crystal, they worked too.

Rx FM only (no PCM), I find out futaba and airtronics are batter. Uses the same DC crystal.

Did you see my post on 2.4GHz to 75mhz post.
        That is the soldering part, only a mad man will do it.
        and I am one of them. Or make a DIY transmitter (have all the parts), and that's crazy. (getting there soon)

if you looking for another transmitter, try hitec optic 6, a 6 ch tx that has a module bay, it will do + (JR, airtronics)and - (futaba, hitec)shift, 2.4GHz too, then open up for more Rx types. Also later you could use it for 433mhz too.

Pick one, we go on from there then.

Comment

• george
          Captain
          • Dec 2010

Thanks You cheapsub for your tips. Will give it a try on Futaba radio. Got some 72Mhz sitting around.
          George

Comment

• cheapsub
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Dec 2019

Not my a 50MHz system for the price it can't go wrong.
            I saw them go for $200 +

Comment

• cheapsub
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Dec 2019

I finded out where it came from but no longer posted, ask them ok. Is for a skysport.
              NTXBG.org

Comment

• cheapsub
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Dec 2019

Can't get it out of my mind, so I open up all my conquest transmitter.
                Damn Google.

Here you are.

And how to.

4/16に発令された全国の緊急事態宣言から3週間ほど経過しようとしていますが、いかがお過ごしでしょうか? 仕事の方は震災の時の計画停電並みにGW休暇が増えました。 緊急事態宣言が延長されましたが仕事の方は在宅が継続かな? STAY HOMEと言われていますのでおとなしく家

Same ic chip, same pcb.

Have to do it to mine too.

Comment

Working...