X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveNeill
    Commander
    • Apr 2020

Im here!

I'm here. Many of you may be familiar with my work some will not. I'll be building and scratch building more boats this year. I've really missed it. Here's some of my older builds. Really have to thank some of the greats who back 17 years ago who taught me how to build an RC submarine. David Merriman, BigDave, Jeff LaRue to same a few. Although I have been a professional modeler for Hollywood for many years this hobby really kicked my butt and taught me a great deal.

I live in Ventura now for the last 7 years and have maintained my makers studio for all that time. I work there everyday making wonderful toys and more. www.steveneillsgarage.com

Bob is sending me a Arkmodels VIIC and a 32 inch Nautilus which both replace the larger ones I just sent him. At age 68 I'm finding the big boats harder to handle and I look forward to these new builds!
    Last edited by SteveNeill; 04-01-2020, 12:26 PM.
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Welcome back!
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Scott T
      Commander
      • May 2009

Nice to see you back.

Comment

• MFR1964
        Detail Nut of the First Order
        • Sep 2010

Good to hear from you Steve, give Rosie a hug from me

Manfred.
        I went underground

Comment

• SteveNeill
          Commander
          • Apr 2020

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I got my tracking numbers yesterday from Bob and the boats are due here at my studio on Tuesday. I'm very excited especially to build the VIIC. My favorite boat. The Nautilus is for Mary to sail she loves that boat and she wants to display it at home because the other one was too big. I don't have a problem with that. ;)

Comment

• SteveNeill
            Commander
            • Apr 2020

Manfred! Wow long time. What are you guys building these days. Point me please with links?

Comment

• MFR1964
              Detail Nut of the First Order
              • Sep 2010

For now i'm playing around with a Japanese Midgetsub, it has become a bit longlasting project, but i don't mind, have my other boats to play with.
              So, you gave up the big type VII, sold my old hull and got me the type VII of my mentor, he has passed away some time ago, restaured his boat with functional bibers into working order.

This about the Japanese build,
              We welcome all your projects here, regardless of the model manufacturer. You can upload photographs to your own album and display them here.

And this is about the restauration of the type VII
              OK, guys Lately i came in contact with the daughter of my passed mentor and good friend, she did not managed to get her father's sub into a museum, it was this

Manfred.
              I went underground

Comment

• SteveNeill
                Commander
                • Apr 2020

Thank you Manfred very inspiring!

Comment

Working...