X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Sad News

Well I found this on another site so I will include it here.

Mr. Jeff LaRue passed away today from Pancreactic Cancer in his home.

I did not have the luck to be able to be around him except for a few Groton Sub. Committee yearly runs. However ever time I had sub related questions he was quick to reply and tried to be as helpful as possible. He never put you off in his replies.

My sympathy to his family.
    George
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Sorry to hear about Jeff. Cancer is a vicious disease that takes out far too many before their time, and pancreatic is an especially nasty one.

I never met Jeff, and beyond his posts on forums and articles in the SC report really didn't know much about him. As a chapter leader and fox schedule editor for many years, I was in semi regular contact as publishing deadlines all too quickly approached. RIP.

Andy

Comment

• goshawk823
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Oct 2010

Jeff was a true friend, a great modeler, and he was unselfish in helping others in our hobby. He was an SC member for at least 25 years, and was the editor for the Report magazine after Gene gave up the helm. Our hobby is that much diminished today with his passing. Personally, i will miss him terribly, and my condolences go out to his wife, Janet, and their families. Fair winds, Jeff. Rest well,
      Sam Reichart
      Last edited by goshawk823; 03-22-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Scott T
        Commander
        • May 2009

God took a good one home.

Comment

Working...