Flying Sub for DeBoers Seaview

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Not the most detailed of files, but will polish up nicely! Off to Richard tomorrow!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    And with that we have clarity. No harm. No foul.

Onward.

David

Leave a comment:

• Groot689
    replied
    Hey guys, you all are over reacting. I am well aware of David's sometimes off topic entries but his input is always welcome by yours truly. As a matter of fact, he has been instrumental in getting me started on this project including his generosity regarding upgrade parts and assembly suggestions etc. I simply commented on the fact that I did not understand the context with which the Quartermaster's entry was written since it had little to do with my topic. Let the truth be known that I am a serious Star Trek fan and I genuinely appreciate the humor.

QM, you certainly don't have to explain to me the protocols regarding public forums especially with regard to self expression etc. nor do I wish to further antagonize you by suggesting you lighten up for the holidays. Your technical expertise is certainly welcome as well but if you are uncomfortable with my taking ownership of this particular topic thread perhaps this is a discussion for another time and place. I am simply requesting help with a particular subject with the hope that the wealth of talent found here can address my flying sub issue and others.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    The meaning of the entry was a jab at David. He does not like3D printing, no correction, he thinks it is the end of humanity. So it was a little fun. As far as your thread, it may be a language translation thing and will give you grace if that is true, but the threads here will usually have topics that go off because here, we are all friends and jump in. The last thing you want to do is not have people post on your thread. Even David in his most gruff times is trying to help. I have had my butt kicked by him, but I am a better person at building subs because of him. He will test your resilience. Bounce back and get back to fixing that Seaview.

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Groot689

Okay, I'm scratching my head as to the meaning of this entry in my thread but...

Bob, YES PLEASE!!!!!!! Take a stab and see what you can do. In the meantime, I'm going to try to figure out how Kirk would have confronted this problem and why HWSNBN keeps popping up in my threads.
    Are you actually getting angry here?

I'll be as monosyllabic for you as possible.

Yes we had a little fun on YOUR thread. Myself using a ST movie reference on Dave.

Dave meant to encourage you to do things for yourself, in his way. If you can build an sub you can do just about anything. You are among the elite.

I was jokingly referring to Dave that ALL METHODS should be used, on your FS1 on YOUR thread. Essentially I stick up up for 3D printing and old school crafting.

This is a public forum, I'm not apologising for two guys playing around a little on YOUR thread.

At least I thought that was the liberty of NDF's, To speak you mind and have fun.

My 80" DeBoer SEAVIEW is undergoing refit as well and I happen to understand your needs. Been there, done that.

I will however refrain from any suggestions on YOUR threads.

Lighten up, it's the holidays.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sorry. I'll disengage.

David

Leave a comment:

• Groot689
    replied
    Uhura:
    Would you look at that!

Kirk:
    My friends, the great experiment: The new Voxel 3D Printer. Ready for trial runs.

Sulu:
    She's supposed to have Bachman-Turner Over drive!

David Merriman:
    Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon!

Kirk:
    Come, come, Mr. Merriman, Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant!

Ed Tordahl:
    Oooooops, there I go 3D printing actual venturi PROTEUS nozzles!

Sulu:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyy!!
    Okay, I'm scratching my head as to the meaning of this entry in my thread but...

Bob, YES PLEASE!!!!!!! Take a stab and see what you can do. In the meantime, I'm going to try to figure out how Kirk would have confronted this problem and why HWSNBN keeps popping up in my threads.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I'll deal with you next Groton run, pal!

David

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Or *gasp* you could scratch-build the FS-1 with your own two hands! Actually practicing the Craft of model-building, not surrendering to the godless Skynet directed robots.

Just a thought, Groot.

David
    Uhura:
    Would you look at that!

Kirk:
    My friends, the great experiment: The new Voxel 3D Printer. Ready for trial runs.

Sulu:
    She's supposed to have Bachman-Turner Over drive!

David Merriman:
    Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon!

Kirk:
    Come, come, Mr. Merriman, Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant!

Ed Tordahl:
    Oooooops, there I go 3D printing actual venturi PROTEUS nozzles!

Sulu:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyy!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PRT_Nozzle.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	135703

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Going from memory here, as Seaview (while cool) is not my favorite boat, so I'm not familiar with intricate details. The Moebius boat I think cleared the sides by a really slim margin. Here is a pic of the boat nestled in her berth: Click image for larger version

Name:	61a947e08cb3356c9534836dfe8569ec.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	135701

Assuming the berth is wider than longer, you could probably target a Flying Sub that is around 5" wingtip to wingtip. Sound right?

If you need a hand in printing, just let me know and I'll take a stab at it for you...

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Groot689
    replied
    The dimensions for the opening are roughly 5 inches by 5.25 inches. I looked at the sub on Thingiverse but have no clue as to what scale it should be rendered.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    What are the dimensions you need it to be?

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Thanks Bob. I think you are right. The Aurora kit is just too big. What scale do you think is the correct size? What scale is the DeBoers Seaview?
    (Studiously ignoring Mr. Grumpy Pants)

Less important than scale for something like this is the room you have to work with. The Flying sub nestles in there pretty tightly. If we just scale the file to something that looks right, we'll be golden.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thanks Bob. I think you are right. The Aurora kit is just too big. What scale do you think is the correct size? What scale is the DeBoers Seaview?
    Or *gasp* you could scratch-build the FS-1 with your own two hands! Actually practicing the Craft of model-building, not surrendering to the godless Skynet directed robots.

Just a thought, Groot.

David

Leave a comment:

• Groot689
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...