Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Boot
    Just get the boats you’re bringing ready.
    Yup. That's the plan.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Just get the boats you’re bringing ready.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Exactly. It's what's keeping me above the dirt -- the burning desire to kill my enemies, drive their armies before me, and to ravage their women!

Other than that, I will spend my remaining years practicing tolerance, love, and boundless understanding of the feelings of others.

I'll leave my mark on this world... even if it's only a pile of **** on someone's welcoming matt.

David
    The Horrible
    Nothing like a brush with death or two or three to make us more of the people we have always been. I think even better as a result. Fierce convection can't even begin to describe it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by SteveNeill
    To quote Papillon, "Hey you *******s, I'm still here".
    Exactly. It's what's keeping me above the dirt -- the burning desire to kill my enemies, drive their armies before me, and to ravage their women!

Other than that, I will spend my remaining years practicing tolerance, love, and boundless understanding of the feelings of others.

I'll leave my mark on this world... even if it's only a pile of **** on someone's welcoming matt.

David
    The Horrible

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    To quote Papillon, "Hey you *******s, I'm still here".

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Amazing process!! Gave us model builders quite the help getting a static model into being a working model.

And unfortunately, a dying art, just as us true scratch builders (excluding 3D printing) are a dying breed.
    Last edited by Ken_NJ; 08-28-2023, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by QuarterMaster
    David's Flaming Foundry

Spraying hot metals since 1991
    Damned right! Or, David's House of Pain

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMaster
    replied
    David's Flaming Foundry

Spraying hot metals since 1991

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    The centrifuge we spoke of in the Dive Tribe.
    In which I related the horrible incident of splashing Ellie's chest area with molten metal owing to the lack of a proper spray-shield during a failed pour (continuing a long-standing tradition of my occasional banishment to the downstairs couch because of some dumb-ass move I made that caught her attention.

And I'm repeating that set-up in the picture here: Kevin and I staged the process, but without the spray-shield, to better see the disc type tool spinning in the modified blood separation centrifuge.

I've included other shots of the spin-casting process.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    The centrifuge we spoke of in the Dive Tribe.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    What type of solder do you use for any of those connections? I used silver bearing solder for struts on my party boat and rudder and melted on a hot plate. Maybe overkill but I know they are solid. For the railings I used regular 60/40 fluxed as there is no stress on those joints.

And what solder on the prop?
    60/40 is my flavor. I hate Antimony/Tin -- only use it if the Lead/Tin is not available. I use acid type flux for all non electrical/electronic unions. 90% of our work is OK to use 60/40. Silver bearing solder is over-kill, you over-achieving-exacting-twidgget, you!

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    What type of solder do you use for any of those connections? I used silver bearing solder for struts on my party boat and rudder and melted on a hot plate. Maybe overkill but I know they are solid. For the railings I used regular 60/40 fluxed as there is no stress on those joints.

And what solder on the prop?

Leave a comment:

Working...