Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by wlambing
    You clowns violated the Cardinal Rule: ALWAYS USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!! If such a hammer is not available, a suitable Crescent wrench of at least 12" length may be used as a substitute.

The Auxiliaryman has spoken!
    Jake and I bow to the senior breaker-bar swinging, bruise-knuckled, flange-headed, troll of the boat.

David

Leave a comment:

• wlambing
    replied
    You clowns violated the Cardinal Rule: ALWAYS USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!! If such a hammer is not available, a suitable Crescent wrench of at least 12" length may be used as a substitute.

The Auxiliaryman has spoken!

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Yes, old Engel after gutting for the new WTC

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Look slike an old Engel hull......

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by goshawk823
    Is that a 1/48th Type IX, David? Scale Shipyard hull?
    Beats me. I'm just the idiot propeller-maker. Belongs to Jake.

Jake, you mind-numbed former Torpedoman goon: where did you get that thing and is it one of Lee's hulls?

David
    Soon Charging Rent to this guy

Leave a comment:

• goshawk823
    replied
    Is that a 1/48th Type IX, David? Scale Shipyard hull?

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Davjacva
    replied
    Just make sure you place the Claymore with the 'This side Toward's Enemy' so you can read it :) Fun, fun, fun. Forgot to mention, that it's someone's birthday today. So everyone give out an 'all hail'!!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Davjacva
    Just when you thought there was nothing new coming out of the Meriman house of hard knox and dirty sox, this is something I'm sure that's going to make the 3D printer make-up artists go back under the bed and fix their makeup. I don't know how many times I've seen the mid or tail end of this process of screw-making over 20+ years, but this is the first time I'd seen it from it's inception and I was blown away by it. While I was trying to contemplate the first few processes, Dave just kept hammering away with details of minutia and what-nots of engineering propeller standards...and I just kept nodding in fake comprehension like an idiot. This is going to take some time to dissolve in my rapidly burned out synapses of meager gray-matter while standing in the Halls of Dave. Okay, gee, I get to go do it again today :)
    Just read your post, you unappreciative, knuckle-dragging, neanderthal! When you bang on my door this afternoon, you'll be greeted by a Claymore with a very taught tripwire... you ****!

David
    Currently erecting a Kill-Zone

Leave a comment:

• Davjacva
    replied
    Just when you thought there was nothing new coming out of the Meriman house of hard knox and dirty sox, this is something I'm sure that's going to make the 3D printer make-up artists go back under the bed and fix their makeup. I don't know how many times I've seen the mid or tail end of this process of screw-making over 20+ years, but this is the first time I'd seen it from it's inception and I was blown away by it. While I was trying to contemplate the first few processes, Dave just kept hammering away with details of minutia and what-nots of engineering propeller standards...and I just kept nodding in fake comprehension like an idiot. This is going to take some time to dissolve in my rapidly burned out synapses of meager gray-matter while standing in the Halls of Dave. Okay, gee, I get to go do it again today :)

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    David, is this template set you are showing this one? >>>>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...URM0NCR9&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	David.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	177469
    Morning, Ken.

Yup. That's the one. Glue sandpaper strips to the backside so the stencil won't scoot around as you do the engraving work.

Here are some home-made scribing stencils:

Name:	DSCF6342.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	177472

Name:	DSCN0083 (3).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	177473

Name:	DSCN0179 (3).jpg
Views:	154
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	177474

Name:	IMG_0070.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	177475

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	177476

David

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    David, is this template set you are showing this one? >>>>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...URM0NCR9&psc=1

Name:	David.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	177469

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

Working...