Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

today's work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SteveNeill View Post
    Glad to hear yoiu are having so much fun! That a boy David. Sadly there are no events out this way at all. My boats are in dry dock and lonely. And where I live the "Karens" won't let us use the lakes.

    Steve
    Decades ago, at Mount Trashmore Lake, shortly after administering a periscope proctological exam on a duck (idiot had paddled into my patrol area) Ellie and some ugly Karen type got into a five-minute screaming contest. The PETA ***** took exception to my fun, and Ellie countered with a blistering rebuttal... I think it was blistering because, at the time, I was not up to speed on Tagalog pejoratives. Almost had to pull them apart. Much good fun. PITA-***** was lucky as I've seen Ellie pull down a kid half-again her size.

    David
    Resident Luddite

    Comment
























    • Resident Luddite

      Comment


      • Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named View Post

        Decades ago, at Mount Trashmore Lake, shortly after administering a periscope proctological exam on a duck (idiot had paddled into my patrol area) Ellie and some ugly Karen type got into a five-minute screaming contest. The PETA ***** took exception to my fun, and Ellie countered with a blistering rebuttal... I think it was blistering because, at the time, I was not up to speed on Tagalog pejoratives. Almost had to pull them apart. Much good fun. PITA-***** was lucky as I've seen Ellie pull down a kid half-again her size.

        David
        Now that’s a hoot.
        Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

        Comment


        • Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named View Post

          Decades ago, at Mount Trashmore Lake, shortly after administering a periscope proctological exam on a duck (idiot had paddled into my patrol area) Ellie and some ugly Karen type got into a five-minute screaming contest. The PETA ***** took exception to my fun, and Ellie countered with a blistering rebuttal... I think it was blistering because, at the time, I was not up to speed on Tagalog pejoratives. Almost had to pull them apart. Much good fun. PITA-***** was lucky as I've seen Ellie pull down a kid half-again her size.

          David
          People Eating Tasty Animals..I remember all that bull**** at Trashmore with them.

          Comment


          • Ellie was most probably saying PUTA***** at the PETA.
            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

            Comment


            • Dave, did Ellie speak Tagalog at all, or just English and Spanish?
              Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Das Boot View Post
                Dave, did Ellie speak Tagalog at all, or just English and Spanish?
                Some Filipino words were derived from Spanish. We were under the crown for 300 years FYI.
                Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named View Post







                  Too bad you're retired, i'd love to get a couple of those props. Looks like it'll fit the 1/144 Japanese Soryu class. The kit supplied prop is crap. Click image for larger version

Name:	images (28).jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	161994
                  Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Das Boot View Post
                    Dave, did Ellie speak Tagalog at all, or just English and Spanish?
                    They call the Filipins The Thousand Islands for a reason. There are many variations on the main tongue, Tagalog. English is the second primary language over there. Most of those folk speak Tagalog, English and a few dialects as well. If I remember correctly, Ellie said she could understand most of them and spoke and wrote at least five.

                    The sound of any of those languages from The Islands is musical, right up there with the way French words Stike a pleasing tone (unless those Frogs are cursing you out).

                    We were at a party once and Ellie would shift language gears seamlessly as she accommodated any dialect a conversation demanded. Smart girl. The Flip's are the nicest people on the planet, but if you cross them they instantly turn into tough little critters! ... not to be ****ed with!

                    David
                    Resident Luddite

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by redboat219 View Post

                      Too bad you're retired, i'd love to get a couple of those props. Looks like it'll fit the 1/144 Japanese Soryu class. The kit supplied prop is crap. Click image for larger version

Name:	images (28).jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	161994
                      What's the hub diameter?
                      Resident Luddite

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named View Post

                        What's the hub diameter?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20220530_222145.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	162013hub is 12mm
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20220530_222508.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	162014 length is 15mm
                        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                        Comment


                        • Let’s hope Dave doesn’t think they’re inches!
                          Time to DIVE IN! https://www.facebook.com/groups/133360626703083/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by redboat219 View Post

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20220530_222145.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	162013hub is 12mm
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20220530_222508.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	162014 length is 15mm
                            The new XIA propellers forward end of the hub has a 3/8-inch (that's INCHES, Andy!) diameter.

                            David
                            Imperial to the end
                            Resident Luddite

                            Comment


                            • 3/8 inches = 9.5mm . A difference of 2 5mm ( 1.25 mm all around the periphery of the hub). Would say it's negligible. Maybe add a spacer disc between the stern cone and prop hub to blend it in.
                              Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by redboat219 View Post
                                3/8 inches = 9.5mm . A difference of 2 5mm ( 1.25 mm all around the periphery of the hub). Would say it's negligible. Maybe add a spacer disc between the stern cone and prop hub to blend it in.
                                Give me your mailing address.
                                Resident Luddite

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X