today's work

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008
    • 2881

    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

    turning it all into tooling that will permit production of 1/96 Type-21 hulls.
    take my money...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	images (2).png
Views:	178
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	181202

    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

    Comment

    • He Who Shall Not Be Named
      Moderator
      • Aug 2008
      • 12503


























      Who is John Galt?

      Comment

      • DrSchmidt
        Rear Admiral
        • Apr 2014
        • 1014

        Very nice...

        Comment

        • redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008
          • 2881

          Click image for larger version

Name:	RrflOH.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	181213 I
          Is the rudder post glued to the rudder piece and freely rotates in the top and bottom stern section
          Click image for larger version

Name:	HKxQnW.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	181214
          or does the rudder piece pivot around a fixed rudder post?
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

          Comment

          • He Who Shall Not Be Named
            Moderator
            • Aug 2008
            • 12503

            Originally posted by redboat219
            Click image for larger version

Name:	RrflOH.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	181213 I
            Is the rudder post glued to the rudder piece and freely rotates in the top and bottom stern section
            Click image for larger version

Name:	HKxQnW.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	181214
            or does the rudder piece pivot around a fixed rudder post?
            The rudder operating shaft is a jam fit to the skeg sections and the bore of the rudder is a non-interference fit to the operating shaft. It takes only moments to install/remove the entire rudder assembly.
            Who is John Galt?

            Comment

            • He Who Shall Not Be Named
              Moderator
              • Aug 2008
              • 12503




















              Who is John Galt?

              Comment

              • redboat219
                Admiral
                • Dec 2008
                • 2881

                Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

                The rudder operating shaft is a jam fit to the skeg sections and the bore of the rudder is a non-interference fit to the operating shaft. It takes only moments to install/remove the entire rudder assembly.
                Interference Fit. Got it....
                Last edited by redboat219; 07-06-2024, 10:32 PM.
                Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                Comment

                • He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  Moderator
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 12503




































                  Who is John Galt?

                  Comment

                  • redboat219
                    Admiral
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2881

                    Will you be punching out ALL of the limber holes?
                    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                    Comment

                    • He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      Moderator
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 12503

                      Originally posted by redboat219
                      Will you be punching out ALL of the limber holes?
                      Nope, just the above waterline ones. I'll punch fake flood-drain holes in the bottom of the keel.
                      Who is John Galt?

                      Comment

                      • He Who Shall Not Be Named
                        Moderator
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 12503














































                        Who is John Galt?

                        Comment

                        • redboat219
                          Admiral
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 2881

                          Commercial Break.
                          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                          Comment

                          • He Who Shall Not Be Named
                            Moderator
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 12503

                            Originally posted by redboat219
                            Commercial Break.
                            Fellow Torpedoman and all-round pain-in-the-ass, 'Jake'. Getting his 1/96 SKIPJACK up to speed. Class is in session!

                            Who is John Galt?

                            Comment

                            • Das Boot
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Dec 2019
                              • 1178

                              Jake,
                              a before and after shot of the hull would show the great deal of work that was accomplished. Well done.
                              Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

                              Comment

                              • redboat219
                                Admiral
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 2881

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	gWqxVB.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	181313 Does Jake incorporate static grass/flock to replicate the "marine growth" on the hull?
                                Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                                Comment

                                Working...