X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

Cigar Tubes

Good day for cigar tubes in the Albion household. Scorpion with its spares box cylinder , and Permit with its caswell junkyard WTC have everything ready for a proper wet test under their own power. Over the past months I’ve made some rough buoyancy checks, whilst tinkering with getting hull Joins, push rods etc worked up. Surprising how much time can be spent making something small.
    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Good looking boats there. And what kind of idiot operates such small-scale model submarines?!…..

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
      Captain
      • Dec 2008

A glutton for punishment, I need some bigger tubes
      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Albion
        Captain
        • Dec 2008

Cigar tube bouyancy test, spent a while checking over the cylinders and getting everything working, strangely one had no power !!!! First round of tests went well, found a small leak. Have added some more ballast and foam and plan re test tomorrow.

Pleased with the mechanism for transferring motion to the rear planes which I stole from R&R. Allows both planes to be lined up and move together

Comment

• Albion
          Captain
          • Dec 2008

Was going to post today’s bouyancy test which was achieved using the working cylinders under their own power, however it looks pretty much like the ones I posted already, but on the inside foam is attached and lead secured. So instead it’s a photo of my assistant today

Comment

• Albion
            Captain
            • Dec 2008

More progress, got everything crammed into the business end of the twin prop tube and initial dunking shows it’s not leaking, although some fettling to do on the vent valve. Dave maybe some edumacation on how you set those up, mine either leak continually or I have to set them up so tight they won’t open.

Not a cigar tube
            very finely balanced. I don’t have all the connections in place for drive shafts or rudder yet and so losely placed some parts on the stern. It’s also currently missing the Gun, which will offset some of that lead on the bridge. Also need to install all the other masts. You might note I’ve got one particularly Tall mast which will also serve as my snort intake .The hull break point is bulging slightly, I think there’s some of the recent foam addition fouling this up, so need to get the hull closure fixed up.

Pretty close for now. Given how a small weight change can affect this i better finish up the build before a final test trim.

Anyone who who has built something Long and narrow , and with a heavy bridge probably is aware it’s a tightrope walk trying to Ensure the boat is stable submerged and surfaced .
            Last edited by Albion; 04-18-2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Working...