Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

getting that receiver between the servos

It's been brought to my attention that some of you are having trouble squeezing the receiver between the servos on the 2.5" SubDrivers.

It's necessary to face all servo bell-crank horns (arms) inboard so they don't make contact with the inside of the cylinder. However if you are using a servo of uncommonly short height, then you can get away with pointing the servo bell-crank horns outboard.

First -- if you don't have a very, very small receiver, take the receiver out of its bulky plastic case and wrap it in heat-shrink tubing and (duh!) shrink it. It will now fit the provided space between the servos and provide clearance for the inboard facing servo bell-crank horns.

Like so:

If you need to drop the receiver so it nests with its top clear of the servo bell-cranks, simply grind away material from the center of the servo mounting foundation the required amount -- this will lower the receiver enough to clear the bell-cranks.

Many ways to skin this cat. Put your thinking caps on, folks. Don't make me come over there!

David
    Who is John Galt?
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Hello Sir
    I have a question reg, the special bracket you have shown above that is designed to hold four small servos. Can I buy that from you OR from whom did you get it?
    Thanks for your time and help.
    George

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
      Hello Sir
      I have a question reg, the special bracket you have shown above that is designed to hold four small servos. Can I buy that from you OR from whom did you get it?
      Thanks for your time and help.
      George
      E-mail me your mailing address (and list any other goodies you need)

dmeriman@aol.com

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...