X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrtwpn
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Feb 2012

Servo tray flexing

I noted in my 2.5" Subdriver that my servo tray is flexing when the servos for the rudder and diving planes are operating. It appears I need to put in some type of support. Any suggestions???????

Thx
    Farlan
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

No, no support needed. Does this flexing occur with the motor bulkhead installed within the cylinder?

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• secrtwpn
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Feb 2012

yes.......

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by secrtwpn
        yes.......
        Pop the servo bell-crank off the servo drive shaft. With the pushrod still attached to the pushrod observe if the bell-crank is in any position other than where the bell-crank sits when installed atop the servo. Bend the forward end (dry side) of the servo pushrod till there is no displacement between servo drive shaft and bell-crank.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• secrtwpn
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Feb 2012

I'm gonna be dumb here. I don't inderstand what you mean by the displacement.......

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by secrtwpn
            I'm gonna be dumb here. I don't inderstand what you mean by the displacement.......
            Fair enough. I mean the difference in height and/or lateral orientation between the bore of the servo bell-crank and servo bell-crank drive shaft.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              Welcome to my underwater realm!
              • Aug 2009

In plain English, "Pop the horn off your servo. If it doesn't return to something incredibly close to the original position when you release it, bend the linkage shaft around until it does."

Comment

Working...