SUBFEST 2021 - Official Info Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Das Boot
    replied
    Final weather forecast. Sunny Thursday through Sunday. Highs in the low to middle 70's and nights in the middle 50's. Someone is watching out for us.
    Last edited by Das Boot; 09-19-2021, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    Question about the 'pond'. This will be my first time at Subfest. How deep is it? I know it's a concrete 'pond'. Is the bottom concrete? Just thinking of a boat scraping against the bottom if it should happen.
    Plenty deep. The deep end is about 30 feet. Shallow end is an incline and goes deeper as you walk. But it's plenty deep to launch even a huge boat.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Question about the 'pond'. This will be my first time at Subfest. How deep is it? I know it's a concrete 'pond'. Is the bottom concrete? Just thinking of a boat scraping against the bottom if it should happen.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    It looks like the weather will be prefect. Seems Bob Martin is the luckiest guy to crap between between two legs. 70's in day and 50's at nights. No rain.

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    We are on to meet at Anejos Grill on Thursday the 23rd at 6:00 for anyone who can make it. Anejos is located at 3901B, Cleveland Hwy, Dalton, GA 30721. If you run into any issues text me at 828-230-2727.

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    We will be having low country boil and possibly steak, baked potato and salad for anyone who wants it and the venue served a light breakfast and lunch last year plus there is the Red Wolf Grill just up the road if you'd rather have something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Someone bring a grill and we can cook out.

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    I will confirm with Darrell if we are still meeting Thursday evening for dinner at Anejos or if we need to do something different.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Looks like the forecast has changed a bit, for the good!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    I'll take it!

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Looks like the weather might be different from last year. Extended forecast calling for high 80’s to low 90’s with overcast. Could mean some swimming.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    I just got my stock of official SUBFEST t-shirts and they are AWESOME! SO comfortable. I have my first batch here, but there will be limited stock, so get yours while you can! All proceeds go toward offsetting the (not-insignificant) cost of putting on the event, so every bit helps.

Registered sub skippers get a free shirt, but anyone can purchase online and at the event. Here is the link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SUBFEST2021_Shirt_mockup.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	152713Click image for larger version

Name:	SUBFEST2021_Shirt-Front.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	152714

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    As of right now, I'm planning on sending the event materials up with Jason and his son. He will get there Thursday afternoon. I will be flying up on Thursday afternoon myself, landing in Dalton. All in, that will save me about 14 hours of driving time for the up and down trip.

If anyone is located along my flight path between Naples, FL and Dalton, GA, I'd entertain the idea of landing at a nearby airport, picking you up, and then dropping you off again on the way back on Sunday afternoon.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    I can't wait to see my friend Subdog.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Agenda:

Thursday, Sept 23rd
    Afternoon Setup for the event crew
    6:00PM Evening Meet and greet dinner at local restaurant (details to follow)

Friday, Sept 24th
    8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Venue open for operations
    1:00PM Live seminar - trimming your submarine: An untrimmed boat will go through the entire process, start to finish, ending with a pond run!

Saturday, Sept 25th
    8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Venue open for operations
    1:30 PM Live Q&A with experienced sub skippers - open topics for all
    3:00 PM Skipper's Choice Awards and raffle drawing
    8:00 PM Night Run

Sunday, Sept 26th
    8:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM Venue open for operations

Above times and dates are subject to change, weather, and the whims of the organizer ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...