X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

Black Sea conversion Type II 1/24 scale

I have been scratch building a 1/24 type II for a couple years off and on. Recently I have been doing research on the type IIs to decide which particular boat that would be represented. I started making it a generic early IIa with the 1938 tower arrangement, but after I researched the 6 type IIs that the Germans sent overland and by canal to the Black sea in 43, I decided to pick one of those boats to build. Several modifications were made to these boats when they were partilly dissassembled in Germany and after they reached Turkey and Rumania. After 43 any type II that was not a training boat and deployed was up armored from the standard 2cm flak forward to an added mount and wintergarden on the tower. as on the IID. The majority of the newly added mounts were for the twin 2 cm altho some of the new style cone base twin mounts were fitted with only one gun. Some of the D models replaced the forward 2 cm with the old "trash can" style mount base, with a new base and a 105mm cannon. I like more guns, so I started to chop down the IIA tower and add the wintergarden and a twin 2cm on the back.Click image for larger version

Name:	mntower 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	102517Click image for larger version

Name:	mntower 002.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	102518Click image for larger version

Name:	mntower 001.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	102519beforeClick image for larger version

Name:	100_0041.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	102520
    Last edited by Von Hilde; 06-21-2013, 10:10 AM.
Working...