atic: 1:35 Bronco XXIII with interior

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trout
    replied
    Thunk…..the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Thanks….I just enjoy how everything comes together.

Leave a comment:

• rkbob
    replied
    incredible workmanship, the amount of working all the small parts in that scale and get it all to fit , WOW

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I printed the cooling water rotary pump and test fitted it together with the MWM Diesel in the machine rom assembly. Fits like a glove.....I 'm happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-251.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	164781

Name:	XXIII-252.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	164782

After that I trimmed the floor plates, painted them with Vallejo gunmetal and glued them into place. Weathering will come later.

Name:	XXIII-253.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	164783

Meanwhile I printed and painted the manual emergency lube oil pump and the cooling water pump assembly with emergency hand pump, water filters, valves and piping is on its way as well....

Name:	XXIII-254.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	164784

Name:	XXIII-255.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	164785

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Meanwhile I painted the control room-side of the noise door and glued it into its place. Good blockage against dirt flying into the control room. Then I painted the various cells below the machine room in their base colors: see water cells in anti fouling red, bilge water cell blue gray, and the oil bunkers in dark gray. They will get some weathering later on. The machine room floor got its gray white base color and some gray filter and wash to give it a used look. More to come but the weathering will be mostly invisible below the machinery and the floor plates. Speaking of latter....test fitted them and it looks promising.

Name:	XXIII-248.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	164692

Name:	XXIII-249.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	164693

Name:	XXIII-250.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	164694

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Thank you....I enjoy all the other's work on this board too, so its a pleasure to share mine.

Cheers Andreas

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Andreas,

There are not a lot words that can be put into play here that have not already been said about you Bronco build! You are really a very skilled craftsman, and this build is extremely impressive! I thank you again for sharing it with us! :-))

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Now that the Nautilus is finished, I can continue with my long term project the Type XXIII. I printed the large parts of the floor section. Complicated parts as they have a two-hull design: the pressure hull above and some bunkers below, namely the middle ballast tanks, oil bunkers, bilge water bunkers, oil bunkers and aft ballast tank. The floor assembly consists of two parts that have been glued together. It contains all machine foundations and on starboard the lube oil tank. The electric motor and the reducing gear box have been set in for testing the fit. The complicated part is to glue the floor assembly to the already finished sections. To get everything straight and flush one has no other option to set it up on a well leveled board and the glue together. Said, done....

Name:	XXIII-244.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	164370

Name:	XXIII-245.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	164371

Name:	XXIII-246.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	164372

Name:	XXIII-247.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	164373

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    I’m waiting on the Nautilus too. But the XXIII is outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    While I work o my little Nautilus, I'm busy preparing the printing files for the machine room of my XXIII. Originally I had only designed the pressure hull and not all the bunkers (Oil, ballast, bilge, etc.) below. To give the whole boat a similar look over the complete length, I decided to add the tanks as well. So took the iron plan and started drawing. Gong to be interesting to see how the printer will handle such complex structures....

Name:	XXIII-243.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	163777

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied

Name:	XXIII-238.jpeg
Views:	384
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	163449Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-239.jpeg
Views:	385
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	163450Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-240.jpeg
Views:	380
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	163451Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-241.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	163452Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-242.jpeg
Views:	395
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	163453 So the bow torpedo room s doe. Added the venting duct, the drive shaft for the venting valve of the bow ballast tank, the speaking tube, and some additional tubes beanth the ceiling. Some touch ups and then on to the machine room....

Leave a comment:

• goshawk823
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSchmidt
    Strange.....try this: https://youtu.be/NW4zjmc8aKA
    that worked. thanks! it's like walking through a museum boat. incredible. the lighting is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Strange.....try this: https://youtu.be/NW4zjmc8aKA

Leave a comment:

• goshawk823
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSchmidt
    For those who are on Instagram - the current status with lights on: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CguiH..._web_copy_link
    I'm getting a broken link message...

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    Definitely need some crew members to show how cramped it was inside.
    I have some....

Leave a comment:

Working...