No announcement yet.

atic: 1:35 Bronco XXIII with interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s an awesome piece of work for that assembly.

Comment

• Put some work into the conning tower. I'm very happy how the hatch turned out. The springs, mechanics and seal, all there like in the CAD model. Looks very good...

Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-324.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	169043

Name:	XXIII-325.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	169044

Name:	XXIII-326.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	169045

Name:	XXIII-327.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	169046

The roof of the preesure hull of the conning tower got the rollers and tightening mechanism of the cable pulley for raising and lowering the periscope. Also the light is in place.

Name:	XXIII-328.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	169047

The conning tower itself got its switches, sockets and boxes. The cabeling was done with 0,2 mm diameter soldering wire.

Name:	XXIII-329.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	169048

Allot of thought went into the alignment of pressure hull, the hull of the kit, the conning tower and the sail of the kit. I decided to use the periscope as the centering point. The periscope shaft of the pressure hull was aligned with the respective hole in the hull of the kit. The periscope shaft of the pressure hull got a 3 mm diameter center hole. In inserted a removable plug into the periscope shaft of the conning tower. This plug has a 3 mm pin that slots into the shaft of the pressure hull. This the kit, the pressure hull and the conning tower are aligned. The top of the plug in the conning tower has a 2 mm diameter center hole in which I inserted a 2 mm rod that I used to align the roof of the conning tower to its floor. Onto the 2 mm rod I plugged a 5 mm diameter steel tube (the periscope) that I then used to align the sail of the kit. This way, everything is perfectly aligned. In a first step I then glued the pressure hull of the conning tower to the hull of the kit. In the second step I taped the halves of the sail together and glued the starboard half to the hull. After the glue had set I removed the port side of the sail and happy me....everything is in the right place and easily accessible for the installation of the masts.

Name:	XXIII-330.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	169049

Name:	XXIII-331.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	169050

Name:	XXIII-332.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	169051

Comment

• Hi Andreas,

Are you using mostly water base acrylics for your detail work?

Rob
        "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• Yes, I exclusively use Vallejo colors (Model Air), Pigments and Washes. For filters I used to use oil-based products, but switched to thinned-down washes instead. The only oil based product I still use is light and heavy rust by AMMO MIG.

Comment

• Again a little update about the sail....allot of work has to be done integrating parts that were designed using original plans, into the sail parts of a plastic kit. So allot of measuring an adjusting had to be done. Here's the first test fitting of the masts (incoming air, outgoing air and the snorkel masts). The intermediate deck in the aft section of the sail behind the conning tower is at the wrong height in the kit, and it looks not right. So I scanned the contour of the deck and designed and printed a new and better looking one. Slowly it looks like this could work...

Name:	XXIII-333.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	169221

Comment

Working...
            X