atic: 1:35 Bronco XXIII with interior

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Here are som eimpressions on how the whole assembly look so far. To ad a bit more detail, I put packages and sacks into the storage lockers below the starboard beds....

Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-212.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	162040

Name:	XXIII-213.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	162041

Name:	XXIII-214.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	162042

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    More progress on the 1:35 scale Type XXIII with interior. Installed the ventilation manifold on the bulkhead between controll and torpedo room. From the main duct runs a duct down to the battery room where it connects to the manifold from which the tubes to the batteries originale. This down duct can be shut off using a gate valve. To vent the cut off volume when the gate is closed, there is a vent line originating just above the gate valve. The main duct runs straight ahead to the bow while a secondary duct arcs over to the port side where the galley is located.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_51986.jpg Views:	6 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	161984

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_51985.jpg Views:	6 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	161985
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DrSchmidt; 05-29-2022, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    And some more detail work....the support wires and the fence of the upper bed are installed. Thought that would be difficult, bit everything went on just fine....

Name:	XXIII-210.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	161919

Name:	XXIII-211.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	161920

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Thanks allot...

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Andreas,

I think Sam has said it all! "INCREDIBLE" Outstanding workmanship to say the least!

Thank you again for taking the time to post these beautiful photos!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied

Name:	XXIII-208.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	161873 Made a little progress. Took care of the beds on the port side and decided to show the front two in folded up position to show what was possible and give everything a more real feel. The undersides of the beds took time. The chess board pattern is a combo of decals, color and washing. Tedious....

Name:	XXIII-209.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	161872

Leave a comment:

• goshawk823
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSchmidt
    I have to complete the torpedo room....so attaching the bow bulk head and the torpedo tubes, tables, port beds. The the machine sektion: Diesel, electic motor, creep drive. The hull is simple: Bronco 1:35 plastic kit.....
    Oh, I know what kit you started with. All these subassemblies are incredible, and I was just wondering if we'd get to see the "big picture" of the kit as you've detailed it so far.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I have to complete the torpedo room....so attaching the bow bulk head and the torpedo tubes, tables, port beds. The the machine sektion: Diesel, electic motor, creep drive. The hull is simple: Bronco 1:35 plastic kit.....

Leave a comment:

• goshawk823
    replied
    fantastic work as usual! what do you have left to do (we haven't seen the full hull from you)?

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Thanks...I'm quite happy with it as well.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    OMG... SOOOO gorgeous! Great work!

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Not that I'm lazy, but this stuff is taking forever. Starboard the wooden benches....allone the decals took over a week. Then scribing the floor plates, painting the aluminum liners, the green linoleum + clear coat. getting everything together and then the beds...the mattress are coverd in self-printed decals. I like it. Some aditional details like the cable harness from the control room to the battery room and that's it for now.

Getting there.

Name:	XXIII-205.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	161235Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-206.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	161236

Name:	XXIII-207.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	161237

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSchmidt
    I don't think I'll stockk food. The XXIIIs were coastal baots with short mission times. So the need to pack them with food was not as pressing as with the long distance VIIcs or IXs.
    I should have known that. Well, maybe a loaf of bread, Wiener schnitzel and a jar of hot mustard.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I don't think I'll stockk food. The XXIIIs were coastal baots with short mission times. So the need to pack them with food was not as pressing as with the long distance VIIcs or IXs.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    You’re going to have to hang up some hams and other food. Can’t wait to see that.

Leave a comment:

Working...