Next mold dilema.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 598602G
    replied
    I can understand your concerns and thanks. Plans I am using are cad drawings from a guy named Boris in Russia. I have several of his plans and they are spot on.His company is Polar Bear Construction. I have made 6 other submarine molds.

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Guess you just don't think my modelling
    skills are up to task.
    Nope.but i know of several blueprints/drawings/etc. of the 667' class that are entirely wrong and having built one rc model as well as several 3d cad models and having investigated and having done a lot of research on those ships it is my impression your model might be off-scale. No other background.if you are happy with the look, go on, this is your model.but it was my impression on that forum one is interested in positive critics.you dont want that, i wont bother you anymore
    Last edited by JHapprich; 11-26-2019, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Guess you just don't think my modelling skills are up to task.

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    If I have time I might
    Thank you, am very interested

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    To be more precise:to me the model looks too blunt at the bow, the distance from bow to sail seems too short, the sail too high but too short and the whole rear section to short as well

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    If I have time I might

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Hm.would you mind taking a picture of your drawings?

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    In the pics. I make all my sub plugs exactly to the plans/drawings

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Maybe its the pictures, but the sub seems too short in comparision to the drawings

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Hull plug is filled in and sanded down. Ready for glassing. Already put one layer of cloth on sail.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by gantu
    Hello when I back from my holidays I will look for plans.
    gantu
    Thanks, Gantu. Your assistance is always appreciated here.

David

Leave a comment:

• gantu
    replied
    Hello when I back from my holidays I will look for plans.
    gantu

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Only way to tell how the Yankee is going to turn is build one and put it to the test. I made molds for a 1/96 Delta III and IV. Been thinking about doing another Delta III again only this time do it in 1/72. That would be almost 85" long

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Originally posted by type7
    I'll be counterpoint and say 688. How are you going to get a Yankee to turn? I have tried a clear rudder extension and an all flying lower rudder on the Delta. Next summer it will have both to see if it will turn in something smaller than the Carmel pond. At least make the rudders larger than scale.
    My Delta II uses two esc's and a futaba f-14 with navy twin stick so i can use the screws to assist turning.the turn radius is quite large indeed. Plus i found the forward sail-mounted diveplanes to be very effective.
    Regards Jörg

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Rear missile casing. Once it is glued down I can shape it exactly to the front. Will start glassing hull and sail plugs.

Leave a comment:

Working...