Next mold dilema.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 598602G
    replied
    The Kashin is my favorite. You know them boys were out in the days looking for our butts. At 1/72 the Kashin would be a little over 78" long. TDU was trash disposal unit. If I remember the roller to roll those cans was in lower level missile. Then you had to compact the trash in a hydraulic unit. Then you loaded that heavy mother f##ker in the TDU. Then you had to set that up to shoot it out. Was like a mini torpedo tube. Man them was the good ole days. I remember when we were tied up at the pier in Guam how they blow the poop tanks at the pier and watch toilet paper and floater poop float to surface. Wonder if they still do that now of days?

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    The prima donna airplane douche weeds have gotten worse over the years. I remember having to roll those sheet metal trash cans that you had to put in the TDU and compact the trash and load a couple steel weights in them then shoot them out of the bottom of the hull. Wonder how many of those trash cans are on the bottom of the ocean? When I get some freed up time I am going to make hull molds for a 1/72 Kashin and a Krivak. I have the best collection of the most scale plans you could ever want for just about every cold war Russian destroyer,frigate,crusier and corvettes you can think of. Yeah I know skimmers.
    Those godless, Commie *******s make the most beautiful airplanes, ships and submarines on this planet! If you get into the hull game we have a new glass-guy here in Virginia who might do your hulls. Name's, Kevin Rimrodt.

QM's had to plot where we dropped those garbage-bombs. Ed, how about it? You were a boat Navaguesser. I wonder if we, or 'them', ever took out an undersea-cable with one of those trash-cans?

Qualification question: Does TDU stand for, 'terrible destruction unit'? and who authorizes its use? and does such use dictate implementation of the two-man rule?

Ah … the good old days, when ****ing with people was encouraged and regarded as an honorable blood-sport.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    The prima donna airplane douche weeds have gotten worse over the years. I remember having to roll those sheet metal trash cans that you had to put in the TDU and compact the trash and load a couple steel weights in them then shoot them out of the bottom of the hull. Wonder how many of those trash cans are on the bottom of the ocean? When I get some freed up time I am going to make hull molds for a 1/72 Kashin and a Krivak. I have the best collection of the most scale plans you could ever want for just about every cold war Russian destroyer,frigate,crusier and corvettes you can think of. Yeah I know skimmers.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Galley slave? Hey I paid my dues and messed cranked when I was on the Lincoln. Your right about the airplane douche weeds. Those clowns are about the biggest cheap skates going. Been going through my airplane stuff and selling off the last few items I have. Throwing stuff into trash as well. Only concentrating on boat stuff. No money in building and selling airplanes. Finally sold the BMW 840Ci on craigslist at MY price. Had so many idiot control freaks thinking that they have the money to buy it they could TRY to chisel me down on the price. LOL. I told all those control freak clowns to pack sand.
    I Cranked on the AKL-17 (same ship they filmed Mr. Robert's on). Both cooks spent most of their time sleeping off roaring hang-overs -- I cranked, cleaned, stocked, and cooked for the crew. Worst time of my life!

I got out of flying because of the 'model aircraft club' culture -- a club led by a bunch of screaming ass-holes, some of which didn't know how to build or trim out their airplane (they had others do that for them), but were good on the sticks, and spent their week-ends trophy-hunting. Flight-line Nazi's! Pin-hogs, and know-it-all-know-nothings with too much money on their hands. And today, after 9-11, you can't fly anywhere but at an AMA approved club site. **** that!

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Galley slave? Hey I paid my dues and messed cranked when I was on the Lincoln. Your right about the airplane douche weeds. Those clowns are about the biggest cheap skates going. Been going through my airplane stuff and selling off the last few items I have. Throwing stuff into trash as well. Only concentrating on boat stuff. No money in building and selling airplanes. Finally sold the BMW 840Ci on craigslist at MY price. Had so many idiot control freaks thinking that they have the money to buy it they could TRY to chisel me down on the price. LOL. I told all those control freak clowns to pack sand.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This boat is chewing up a lot of resin and cloth. Should have the hull and sail plug glassed over by this weekend. How come you hardly see any sub stuff on here SC and sleazebay for sale? Sub guys are hoarders?
    Stop *****ing and get back to work, galley-slave!

Fixed-wing and rotary flyers are not hoarders. They're toys don't last long. You see, it's hard to crash a submarine into the ground or into the side of a building at 100mph -- maneuvers that necessitate constant replacement. If the r/c flying idiots get an airplane through one season without wreaking it (and needing to buy a replacement) then they simply aren't trying hard enough!

Other than catastrophic sinking and loss, we r/c sub drivers retain our toy when the water gets hard -- year, after year, after …

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Starting on 688 as well.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    This boat is chewing up a lot of resin and cloth. Should have the hull and sail plug glassed over by this weekend. How come you hardly see any sub stuff on here SC and sleazebay for sale? Sub guys are hoarders?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dave check your email. Santa was early this year.
    Got 'em. Beautiful! I love this guy's work!

Go take care of Mom.

And our best wishes for you and yours over the holiday, Tim. Hang in there!

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave check your email. Santa was early this year.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Sucks is mom is in a rehab home now for a UTI for a couple of weeks. Have to go visit her tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    OK I ordered them. Will wait for Boris to get back with me. Wonder if they have Thanksgiving type Holiday in Russia?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Not me. I just dug out my 1/72 type VII and type IX kits. Maybe a little small for my taste. Got my eye on a 1/48 type VII kit to get my grubby fingers on. Dave I am fixin to order the Foxtrot plans from Boris. How about I send you the file and you make a hardcopy for you in 1/72 and you mail me a hardcopy in 1/72 then we are on the same page.
    Thanks for the clarification, Tim.

Sounds like a sound plan on the FOXTROT front. You do the FOXTROT hull and sail, I'll do the rest (most 'of the rest' is already done!)

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Not me. I just dug out my 1/72 type VII and type IX kits. Maybe a little small for my taste. Got my eye on a 1/48 type VII kit to get my grubby fingers on. Dave I am fixin to order the Foxtrot plans from Boris. How about I send you the file and you make a hardcopy for you in 1/72 and you mail me a hardcopy in 1/72 then we are on the same page.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sucks because most of wood decks, resin and pe parts are for VII's. For the deck on my IX think I will just custom do it in like basswod or teak. I have a Revell 1/72 type IX kit for reference, Thought about making hull molds for the 1/72 IX and make hulls out of glass but you didn't hear that from me.
    I hope I heard that wrong, Tim. You're not thinking of pirating the Revell kit, are you?

David

Leave a comment:

Working...