Next mold dilema.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 598602G
    replied
    I am going to have to pass off the Yankee II to Dave. Just don't have the time anymore for all the builds. Only molds I have time for is the 1/72 Charlie II and the 1/72 688. The 688 is the fist to be molded next week.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Would rather die of lead poisoning then scribe. Go ahead make my day.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Finally stupid Yankee missile hatches done. If I do one more boomer I will put a 357 Magnum to my head for a self made lobotomy.
    Good, clean job of it. Ain't scribing fun!!….

Put the gun down, step away from the table, and no one gets hurt!

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Finally stupid Yankee missile hatches done. If I do one more boomer I will put a 357 Magnum to my head for a self made lobotomy.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dave you get box with Foxtrot stuff in it? I should know better then to make boomers. Missiles doors are a pain. I will stick with SSGN's. Charlie II hull is almost all shaped. It is only 6" shorter then the Yankee.
    Got the box, have not opened it yet. Tonight, Tim.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave you get box with Foxtrot stuff in it? I should know better then to make boomers. Missiles doors are a pain. I will stick with SSGN's. Charlie II hull is almost all shaped. It is only 6" shorter then the Yankee.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Started the scribe work on the Yankee. The surface coat of the epoxy and fiberglass powder is so hard I can barely scribe it with my scribe/jewelers file. Hopefully will have the Yankee hull scribe work done this week.
    Looking good, Tim!

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Started the scribe work on the Yankee. The surface coat of the epoxy and fiberglass powder is so hard I can barely scribe it with my scribe/jewelers file. Hopefully will have the Yankee hull scribe work done this week.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    We have the same plans so I yes.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Almost done with Yankee sail. Camera just doesn't pick up all the detail I have in sail.
    Well … all right, then! Hope the root of my sail-planes match, Tim.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Almost done with Yankee sail. Camera just doesn't pick up all the detail I have in sail.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Here is what I have so far on the sail. Using PE parts that I had on hand. Went with the double row of vents instead of the 4 rows of vents. I thought it looked better.
    looking good, Tim.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Here is what I have so far on the sail. Using PE parts that I had on hand. Went with the double row of vents instead of the 4 rows of vents. I thought it looked better.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Found the perfect fit. Using a couple PE parts from a 1/144 Romeo kit. I am talking almost perfect.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    They don't have so will just scribe it I guess

Leave a comment:

Working...