Moebius Skipjack

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    I’m used to using the BEC from the ESC. Since I’m not going that way and using a separate BEC, how does this get wired in? And I need to remove a lead from the ESC going into the receiver.

Looked at David’s pic on page 1 and did not see a BEC there.

​​​​​​https://forum.rc-sub.com/forum/build...243#post125243
    Last edited by Ken_NJ; 06-22-2020, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Last thing I'm not sure about is this. Tried to see where all the tubing goes on Tom's thread but could not see.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Like this? BLM is downstream from MMS, before the ESC.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Well, if something is there and does not work, it should not be there, IMO.

Working on a wiring diagram since my mind these days does not retain things. (Why does that happen when we get old?) Have to write things down since I forget things.

Question, since I don't have a BLM in the Marlin, should the BLM be connected between the Mission Switch and the Viper input or between the Viper and the motor? I would think it does not matter.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Just improving slightly on something that was already decent.

Looks like my last post was flagged as spam and is awaiting for Bob to approve it.

When I click the 'Add Smilies' button nothing happens. I get the bar below the post window but nothing is there. Tried on Firefox and Safari. Is this a non-working feature?

Leave a comment:

• a1965l
    replied
    Nice! Lots more room in there for proper length servo arms.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    You do great work.
    I know that! And I like the compliments so don't stop.

Wherever I left off, I'm starting on the sub driver. I figured out the old servo tray I made won't work so I made a new one.

Here's the old one

Here's the new one. You can find this here... https://www.mcmaster.com/g10/ or search online for it.

Had to make standoffs. Made these from styrene tubing. Tapped for 2-56 machine screws.

Had to make spacers to raise two servos above the others.

The finished product. Nice and neat. Don't have to screw around with z-bends.

More details on my website,
    Last edited by Ken_NJ; 06-19-2020, 04:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    All good here David... thanks! Life is good, building models again (two), can't have enough time doing that, girlfriend time, house things, and we bought a 27 foot boat.

I know your keeping busy (Mr what I did today). Hopefully there will be a Groton this year and we will see you and Elle.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    LOL guess I walked right into that one!

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Here I go again trying to start this up. Going to at least try to get a few hours per week on the Skipjack. The other boat I'm scratch building has priority and is more complicated, so the SJ should go quicker unless I make it complicated like I did the Marlin.

My question is has anyone used these linkages? They make it easier to insert straight push rods and don't have to deal with the z-bend if you have to remove servos.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Talked to David at Groton about these aft sections and the gap. When I boxed it up in 2018 I didn't think the gap was this small so another plus. Should be able to close it up better.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Need to do some organizing of this mess.

Don't remember setting up these servos, but they were in the box.

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    After the fantastic weekend at the 2019 Groton Fun Run I decided to find all my Skipjack stuff, figure where I left off, what I have, and do some catch up building. I sold my house and moved since I started this nearly a year and a half ago, fortunately I had everything together at my new shop. Some, MOST, things I completely forgot about, yea sucks when your mind does that. I did not know I already bought most of the electronics, so that was a nice surprise.

I think I should be OK with the Mtroniks ESC? The Mission switch I used in the Marlin so I'll have to get another one.

Have no idea when, why and where I bought this battery. I might get some NiMH batteries.

Have this for a BEC

Some old receivers on 75Mhz, just need some crystals.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Yeah, those servos have enough ass to 'em to move the control surfaces without problems.

#2 - rudder, #3 - sail planes, and #4 -stern planes.

Better get hot, Groton is only a month or so away, pal.

David

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Couple of questions. I have these EMax servos, they are micro yet places out there call them mini. They sufficient for the Skipjack? I'll have to make a few adjustments to have them fit properly.

Secondly, what is the proper arrangement for the rudder/planes pushrod output thru the bulkhead? I have one which is blocked and I will drill and add a seal for something I'm planning, so will use all 4 positions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0196.JPG
Views:	523
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	125983

Name:	DSC_0195.JPG
Views:	504
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	125984

Name:	d8Ihuw.jpg