Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

George here is my latest urban assault vehicle. Got it about a week ago. Made in England ey! I bought it to tote the Queen around if she shows up.

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by 598602G
      George here is my latest urban assault vehicle. Got it about a week ago. Made in England ey! I bought it to tote the Queen around if she shows up.
      Watch out there Tim in Cali you can probably find a lot of Queens.
      George

Comment

• 598602G
        Captain
        • Jan 2017

George we shipped all are Queens off to Canada ey?

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Here are the drawings I am using. Got those out of a Russian warship magazine. 46 3/4" length. 3 1/2" beam. I will make the hulls as thick as I feel that everyone will be happy. Not going to custom make various thickness hulls. Won't happen. Everyone that has bought my boats in the past were happy with the thickness. This boat I will not make any of the resin cast pieces for the masts. I am on a time crunch here to get boat done as I may have to sell house for my moms care in a nursing home.
          There ya go. Less foam = more enjoyment. 46 and a bit inches is perfect and it will take a 3" SD at a pinch or a more spacious 2.5" version. What magazine did the plans come from?

Comment

• 598602G
            Captain
            • Jan 2017

Here is the Russian magazine I got the drawings out of. Have several other sub drawings that came in mag. Bought the mag off ebay. Beam is actually 3 1/4". If you go check specs on November I have seen several specs for the beam width. Depending on how things go around here in regards to the house and my moms care my plans are doing the HEN class boats. For you non ex submariners that means Hotel, Echo, November. So I will do either a Hotel I or II and a Echo II. I also have in the works a 1/72 598 class SSBN. No I won't change my mind on that scale.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Here is the Russian magazine I got the drawings out of. Have several other sub drawings that came in mag. Bought the mag off ebay. Beam is actually 3 1/4". If you go check specs on November I have seen several specs for the beam width. Depending on how things go around here in regards to the house and my moms care my plans are doing the HEN class boats. For you non ex submariners that means Hotel, Echo, November. So I will do either a Hotel I or II and a Echo II. I also have in the works a 1/72 598 class SSBN. No I won't change my mind on that scale.
              It's about time someone addressed the HEN's. Thank you, sir. Very much looking forward to the 1/96 series.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                Captain
                • Jan 2017

Dave you got any molds to make mast parts for the 1/96 November? All the molds I made for the mast parts are 1/72 and Don has those.

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

It's getting there.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Dave you got any molds to make mast parts for the 1/96 November? All the molds I made for the mast parts are 1/72 and Don has those.
                    Send me the relevant documents and I'll get on masters and tools.

Recommend you leave the propellers, control surfaces, deck fittings, masts and antennas to me.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                      Captain
                      • Jan 2017

Dave U can mail you a copy of the plans/drawings I am using

Comment

• Aug 2008

Dave U can mail you a copy of the plans/drawings I am using
                        David Douglass Merriman lll
                        835 Holly Hedge Ave.
                        Virginia Beach, VA 23452
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

Here are some of the Echo II drawings I have. I have more then that. A friend of mine in Russia who lives in the same city where the shipyards that builds most of the Russian submarines sent those to me. Now all I need are some real good drawings for a Hotel I or II

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Dug these out of the shed. And no George not going to make a 1/150 Typhoon ey!

Comment

• Tirfing
                              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                              • Jan 2017

As I do not know if anyone has anything better, I would like to present a russian hand drawn model drawing of the Hotel. It is a bit Heavy however.

Comment

• 598602G
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2017

Dave I mailed the November drawings to you today

Comment

Working...