X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CG Bob
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Sep 2008

31" Disney NAUTILUS

A few years ago, my wife got me a Nautilus Drydocks 31" NAUTILUS as a Christmas gift. I finally got around to assembling it this winter. I'm using a SEAWOLF SubDriver, SD2SW, to operate the NAUTILUS. I scratch built a prop from a wheel collar and some brass stock, basing the design on the stock prop; but removed the hammerhead from the leading edge for forward propulsion. The SubDriver Klik-Ons were modeified slightly by soldering a brass tube to a 1/16" wheel collar, and then attaching the Klik-On with epoxy to the tube. The LHS had some small clown fish, so I filleted one and added it to Lexan rudder extension. The pivoting (for pitch control) prop assembly was made with wheel collars and brass stock. I installed LED's in the wheel house and around the salon windows. I deviated from the movie by using red LED's to light the wheel house. I turned a new ram from brass stock. I painted the model with Alclad II Lacquers. After applying their Black Primer as a base, I sprayed on some Dull Aluminum and Steel as a base coat. I followed that with several random shots of Burnt Iron, Exhaust Manifold, and Pale Burnt Metal. The rudder pushrod leads out through the port side lower prop guard brace.

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Give me your mailing address and I'll send you a replacement motor-bulkhead equipped with a motor geared 3:1 to the drive-shaft. dmeriman@aol.com
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Aha! I was following Bob's build thread on sub com forum, and I said a direct drive 280 for a 2" prop (or thereabouts) sounded like a tall order.

Comment

• CG Bob
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Sep 2008

Still patiently waiting for the replacement motor bulkhead.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Your pictures look good.
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...