Finally getting my new 3D printer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinksalot
    replied
    Well this is my printing setup. One Elegoo Saturn resin print, one Elegoo Jupiter resin printer and one large Ender 6 FDM printer. My Jupiter resin printer is larger then my FDM printer lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3128.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	163269
    Last edited by Sinksalot; 07-30-2022, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Hey guys,
    Just out of curiosity, which material used cuts down on warpage and UV degradation? Also, what would be a good starter printer for 1:96 static models? I would like to print a USS NAUTILUS for display.
    Model available for download in Stereolithography format. Visit CGTrader and browse more than 1 million 3D models, including 3D print and real-time assets
    Last edited by Das Boot; 07-25-2022, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DrScoles
    replied
    I have two Formlabs Form 2's. 100X more reliable than my three filament printers. Interesting that you two experienced the opposite. The Form 2 knows what resin cartridge you put in and automatically adjusts everything.

Leave a comment:

• Sinksalot
    replied
    Originally posted by RCSubGuy
    Looking good! I've successfully printed out large hull sections on my Anycubic MAX. I definitely prefer that over filament, though I'll say that the filament printers I have are proving to be more reliable than the resin.

Bob
    Yea I been printing with the smaller Saturn printer for a while, but you need to setup resin printer for each type of resin you use which is a pain, alot more them my filament printer. Then you can do everything 100% correct and the resin print fails for no dam reason. but all the bad points are overruled by the fast speed of the print and how good it dam looks. The only thing I mad about is I wish Elegoo sold the 500mm Z height module now so I can print at 500mm sections. But I need to wait till next year for that. I plan on using Siraya Tech nylon black resin. I need to make sure I get my buddy over to help me lift the box when it comes as 118 pounds is to much for me alone.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Looking good! I've successfully printed out large hull sections on my Anycubic MAX. I definitely prefer that over filament, though I'll say that the filament printers I have are proving to be more reliable than the resin.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Sinksalot
    started a topic Finally getting my new 3D printer

Finally getting my new 3D printer

Wow after waiting for 10 Months, Elegoo finally got my printer in the US. I should get it next week. The printer I got was the Elegoo Jupiter resin 3D printer. Its a very large and heavy printer, shipping weight is 118 pounds. Yea that is dam heavy. This printer is a modular 3D resin printer. Current build volume is 277mm x 156mm x 300mm. However Elegoo will be making a optional z height module next year to let the printer print up to 500mm high. I bought this to print hull sections. The picture below show you how big the dam thing is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	J1.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	163088
Working...